Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 02:12 PM

Re: Just had a parcel delivered!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh Lordy - we are back to the Maths class again.
OK - here goes - one sack = 1040 tea bags. Each cup holds half a pint so that's 520 pints. One gallon = 8 pints (yes?) so 65 gallons x 2 because I have used two sacks so far - not started the third yet. !hat comes to 130 gallons!!??

EEeek - that can't be right - I think I am going to faint!
I think that about 10 - 16 tea bags = 1 gallon of tea wine.
I remember my mum making it during the early 70's.
The smell of fermenting tea, raisins and lemon was very pleasant.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 02:21 PM

I'm sure there's a craft you can do with teabags somewhere on t'internet....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
A splash of semi skimmed milk and not a grain of sugar in sight!

10 x cups per day doesn't sound so bad, Omah, thank you.

That's always s'posing my calculations were right in the first place!
No surprise that you never seem to need much sleep Silver Tabby, I've often wondered how you manage on so few hours. It is reckoned caffeine in tea and coffee can interfere with sleep. One mug of tea contains approximately 75mg of caffeine so you are having 750mg per day, the maximum recommended amount is 400mg.

I mention this as I used to have trouble sleeping while working on permanent shifts. The first question my GP asked me after I had to consult him was "how much tea or coffee do you drink a day?" My intake was similar to your's so that was possibly one reason for not being able to sleep.
I reduced that amount and sleeping was better, although never good due to shift work.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 03:08 PM

Val and I have long discussed the amount of caffeine we are imbibing on a daily basis. Our usual daily intake each is 2 mugs and 2 cups of tea with semi-skimmed milk, and 1 mug and 1 cup of coffee with cream. No sugar or sweeteners are used.

According to what I've just Googled:

One cup of brewed coffee (8 oz) contains about 70–140 mg of caffeine, or about 95 mg on average. A cup of tea contains ~½ that amount.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top