Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Re: What Are Your Earliest Memories and How Old Were You?

I remember having a bath in the old tin bath in front of the fire. I must have been about 3 or 4 at the time while we lived with my grandparents ( we moved when I was nearly 5) Mum used to say look at Pa's (grandad) shirts on the line ( the wooden type on a pulley you used to put the ironed clothes on to air.) when she wanted me to put my head back to have my hair rinsed

Before that I remember when my brother was born & I was trying to climb into his big old silver cross pram which was under the stairs. I was 18 months when he was born
Pabicus
Tayside, UK
Pabicus is male 

19-01-2012, 09:03 PM

I can remember my first Christmas stocking, crammed with plastic cowboys and indians. I recall having difficulty getting them out as it was a knitted sock and the figures rifles and bows etc got stuck in the wool. Strange some of the things that stick with you forever
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I still love them now, when they are in season I eat a whole bag full a few times a week.
A little bit of what you fancy does you good.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
I remember having a bath in the old tin bath in front of the fire. I must have been about 3 or 4 at the time while we lived with my grandparents ( we moved when I was nearly 5) Mum used to say look at Pa's (grandad) shirts on the line ( the wooden type on a pulley you used to put the ironed clothes on to air.) when she wanted me to put my head back to have my hair rinsed

Before that I remember when my brother was born & I was trying to climb into his big old silver cross pram which was under the stairs. I was 18 months when he was born
Oh memories here Lynne.Yes the old tin bath..and an outside loo we had with Newspaper as toilet roll and who can forget the fabulous Silver Cross Pram...that was what you called a pram.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

19-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Earliest recall was the brothers Grimm my sadistic cousins from over the water in Greenwich testing their latest carts out. I remember being left in one as they launched it down Crooms Hill.

Other than that it was back at home and gas mask practice to see who could make the best farting noises with them.
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Earliest recall was the brothers Grimm my sadistic cousins from over the water in Greenwich testing their latest carts out. I remember being left in one as they launched it down Crooms Hill.

Other than that it was back at home and gas mask practice to see who could make the best farting noises with them.
Nothing like sweet memories.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 09:27 PM

My earliest memory was when I was two years old. I was walking alongside my mum who was pushing the Silver Cross pram that my brother was in, and he's 17 months younger than me.

We'd walk the short distance to the Parish Church gardens and mum would sit down on a bench and look at the roses and take in the peace and quiet. This was a little oasis right in the middle of town.
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
My earliest memory was when I was two years old. I was walking alongside my mum who was pushing the Silver Cross pram that my brother was in, and he's 17 months younger than me.

We'd walk the short distance to the Parish Church gardens and mum would sit down on a bench and look at the roses and take in the peace and quiet. This was a little oasis right in the middle of town.
What a lovely memory Mollie and bet you can still smell those Roses.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 10:06 PM

I remember a big lifesize chalk spaniel dog my mum had. Black and white it was and I used to sit in the window with my arm around it, looking down on the market stalls and the people on Electric Avenue. I used to hope people would look up and think I had a real dog. I think I must have been 3 or 4 years old.
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I remember a big lifesize chalk spaniel dog my mum had. Black and white it was and I used to sit in the window with my arm around it, looking down on the market stalls and the people on Electric Avenue. I used to hope people would look up and think I had a real dog. I think I must have been 3 or 4 years old.
Oh how sweet!!Did you ever get a Dog?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top