Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:10 PM

Re: New Guy

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Just remembered ~ as a child, my OH was not allowed to watch ITV. Not sure why
I believe there are a certain band of people who had ITV surgically removed from their tv sets
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Loved the 'wooden tops' Karen and Andy Pandy, Bill an Ben....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Does anyone else remember when ITV first started, we had to have a little brown converter box on top of the telly so that we could tune in to ITV. We thought we had died and gone to heaven with two channels to choose from!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Loved the 'wooden tops' Karen and Andy Pandy, Bill an Ben....
Aww Pats - if we were male I'd say you were my brother from another mother (sister doesn't rhyme - how sexist is that!)

I loved Spotty Dog the most. I liked Andy Pandy as well and loved Bill and Ben and, not forgetting, Little Weed.

You know when I said earlier in the thread I didn't watch much telly ......
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I believe there are a certain band of people who had ITV surgically removed from their tv sets
Why ?

Don't think the Ads were particularly risque in those days

I liked the Woodentops too and The Flowerpot Men but Andy Pandy irritated me, especially when nobody ever discovered Looby Loo doing stuff on her own
rjb
New Member!
PA, US
rjb is male 

21-03-2013, 02:17 PM

As a family, we mostly watched TV in the evenings after dark. After school, I was allowed to go out and play for an hour or so and then came homework and dinner. If it was still daylight out, I could go back outside and continue playing with my buddies. During summer, I stayed out until my sister or my Mom would find me and get me home. I would go out in the morning and we'd play anything from baseball to basketball, tennis, riding bikes, or just palling around together talking about what we were going to do when we could drive a car or what we were going to be when we grew up. Oh, the dreams! I didn't quite live up to my own expectations, but I didn't do too bad either. I only have 2 regrets in my life and that's pretty good for a guy my age.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Does anyone else remember when ITV first started, we had to have a little brown converter box on top of the telly so that we could tune in to ITV. We thought we had died and gone to heaven with two channels to choose from!
I don't remember the box, our telly just had two buttons to press for the channels. My mum was lazy enough that she wouldn't get up and press the buttons, she had a big stick that she'd reach forward and press them with the stick
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Why ?

Don't think the Ads were particularly risque in those days
I think many people view ITV as 'common' and BBC is for heducated people only

I liked the Woodentops too and The Flowerpot Men but Andy Pandy irritated me, especially when nobody ever discovered Looby Loo doing stuff on her own
I'd forgotten what Looby Loo used to get up to - sneaky little madam
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:26 PM

:-d :-d :-d

ooooo the smilies don't work
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 02:28 PM

Ha-ha.....heres one -
Karen - was gonna mention spotty dog Such lovely TV for kids Today - mostly 'NOISE !'

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top