Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Re: Spirits

A writer can only write from either knowledge or experience, a touch of imagination, be it science fiction or other genre, much in the same way that ancient cave-dwellers could only draw what they actually saw, but I digress.

As a 16 year old girl before advancement, I was a Junior for a firm of solicitors. Again, the building was old, and I can relate two incidents here, one when I was alone, the other when there were two of us, so make of this first one what you will.

It was part of my duties to deliver mail to local companies in the middle of Wigan and this particular day it had been raining hard. One of the secretaries stood in for me in the General Office whilst I was out. I'll have to describe the layout of the downstairs for further understanding.

To get to the General Office you had to come in through the front door, walk past the frosted sliding windows, into the Waiting Room, then into the General Office. Nobody could come or go without being seen.

I came back this particular day, dripping wet through from the rain and, as I entered the Waiting Room, I saw an old lady sitting on a chair. She was wearing a long dog-tooth check coat, clompy shoes, and had a scarf in the colour heliotrope around her throat, and she wore a hat. I said good morning to her, she said good morning back, then I went into the General Office.

Sylvia made her move to go back to her own desk upstairs but I asked who the old lady was waiting to see. Sylvia said that nobody had come in since I'd gone out, so we both went into the Waiting Room, which was empty.

I'm making no assumptions, but I most definitely saw the old lady whom nobody had seen enter, or leave.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 02:30 AM

That is really spooky I love to read about encounters like this as I find them fascinating. I would never dismiss reports of unusual happenings as, I feel, some things cannot be explained to my complete satisfaction.

Personally, I haven't experienced anything like this, but find it very interesting indeed.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 02:49 AM

Did you read back on my previous encounter? As I said, I've no reason to make any of this up. I'll tell of my next thing that happened at work in the 60s when there were two of us that witnessed this strange phenomenon.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 02:55 AM

Oh yes, the strange party in the pub I believe you Mollie.

Look forward to hearing more, but for now I have to go to bed. Catch you tomorrow

Nite nite xx
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 02:59 AM

I have about as much as ESP as a turnip! My Signs are very earthy: Taurus, and the Horse in the Chinese zodiac.I do think many of these strange sightings are caused by some phenomena we don't understand yet. I suppose you all have read about the possibility that some neutrinos can travel faster than light, which, if valid, really upsets Einstein's theory of relativity and turns physics into a bit of a turmoil......
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 04:21 AM

I rember you telling me about that a long time ago mollie was telling sam about that on satetrday
his expreance was like yours glad ive not seen anything
I am used to things moving here
and its more scarry for me when i see them moving

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top