Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 11:27 PM

Re: Anyone want a dog?

My little Nell is in more trouble. The vet has discovered she has both knees dislocating in and out. Some breeds are prone to this, but never heard of it in this breed befored, neither had the vet.
You'd never have known because she jumps high and grabs things off my washing line, jumps up onto my bed, and runs like the wind. Never been lame, and never shown any sign of pain whatsoever.
Tomorrow I've got to take her to see a vet who does orthopaedic surgery for him have a look and see what he advises. Poor Nellie.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 11:41 PM

Are we talking luxating patella Mups?
Surgery is not always necessary depending on the grade.
Poor little Nell, fingers crossed she is low grade.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 11:45 PM

Sorry to hear that Mups, I hope Nell will be okay. My little Pomeranian, Bubbles, had what the vet said was mediating luxatory patella, her little back leg wobbled all over the place but it never seemed to worry her and she lived a long life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Are we talking luxating patella Mups?
Surgery is not always necessary depending on the grade.
Poor little Nell, fingers crossed she is low grade.

Yes, that is what they call it Meg. You'd honestly never know from her behaviour. She has also just come into season again for the second time in 4 months, so that's not always a good sign either, is it. Looks like spaying will be on the cards at some point in the future as well.
It's such a shame, she is the most adorable little character, and the sweetest nature. She loves and trusts everybody.

Looks like my problems will be continuing for a while yet!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-08-2015, 11:47 PM

Thanks for that clumsy, I'll know more tomorrow when we get home.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:35 AM

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but the vet told us a year back or more that Callie needed knee replacement. We cannot come up with $6000 so we're just trying to be careful. We lift him onto the beds and try to watch him on stairs. He lost his limp again, so paws crossed.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:29 PM

The very best dogs are them what eat CATS !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-08-2015, 01:37 PM

Mine would be severely punished if they did that Pumicestone.
Anyway, what have cats got to do with Nellie's knees?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:40 PM

Topic "Anyone want a Dog" ?

Just figured that anyone considering the idea should choose one which serves a useful purpose !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My little Nell is in more trouble. The vet has discovered she has both knees dislocating in and out. Some breeds are prone to this, but never heard of it in this breed befored, neither had the vet.
You'd never have known because she jumps high and grabs things off my washing line, jumps up onto my bed, and runs like the wind. Never been lame, and never shown any sign of pain whatsoever.
Tomorrow I've got to take her to see a vet who does orthopaedic surgery for him have a look and see what he advises. Poor Nellie.
Nasty Mups, have the decency to lower the washing line so she dont need to jump so high with her sore legs.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top