Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:28 PM

Re: Escape to the Country

[QUOTE=Meg;593634]You cynical lot
I love ETTC especially when it is the ever so slightly sarcastic Alastair Appleton or the really sweet Jonnie Irwin and I don't give a dam if the people buy the property or not. I have had 45 mins of escapism looking at some lovely houses I can dream of but could never afford unless I win the premium bond then I might be be on there myself [/QUOTE
Precisely what I feel about the program Meg.]
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
And most of them have children who adore them - all of whom will want to spend Christmas with them and lots of friends too !!

That might be ok if you have staff to make all the beds, do the cleaning and washing that visitors create and have someone to cook amazing dinners while you relax with your guests.
Sadly it's not like life at Sandringham even if you are lucky enough to own a large home in the country, and most will find themselves doing loads of shopping and cooking to try and make the perfect family Christmas, in your latter years I think you have already done your fair share of that.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Used to love property programmes but the increasingly overly fussy people and huge amounts of money they have to buy with have put me off completely, have a few people with well under £100k and lets see them find them some where to live !
Yeah!
Too right Julie - what about people like many of us then?

We do watch this programme and others and they all do the same sort of thing and some actually criticise the couples taking part, which I find bloody rude!

If it were me coughing up £2-£3-£400,000 for a home I'd want my "wish-list" followed to the letter!

We saw a few recently in the Costa Calida in Spain, which was the first place we looked at years ago, before it became obvious that my hearing loss was going to be a major drawback.

We've never actually got that far down in Spain but seeing some of the towns & places we researched back then shown recently makes me feel sad - they've grown and matured.

Wish I could go there but I need NHS support and I'm not about to do what so many others do and keep coming back here. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 08:13 PM

I'm in the country too, but would really like a bedroom with a walk on balcony !! For the odd day it doesn't rain

They wouldn't have me on their programme, as I can't stand converted Chapels/churches, Beams, Stairs coming out of the lounge (too cold), road traffic noise and if that's what I told them at the start, then I wouldn't want to waste my time viewing !
I would like two bedrooms instead of three so no one can come and stay ..
A wood burner in my inglenook , a four oven Aga, , a utility with a belfast sink, a lovely garden with well tended fruit and vegetable patch and no neighbors
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
They are just time wasters, I suppose they just wanted to get on the show.
Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Grand Designs is another anomaly, when they go back and pick over the budget, they say "We maxed out our Credit Cards" etc, but inevitably there is always about 70 grand's worth of new furniture on show.
and.. there is Christmas coming up and no money to finish the property - Hark what do I hear? Ahhh, someone in the family has just stumped up 50K . We WILL be in for Christmas
I agree with all those points, just what I feel TBH.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 07:00 PM

Having just watched an episode, do they actually buy anything? Or else are they at the kidding and can't afford it anyway?

Some folk are so hard to please.......................

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top