Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 09:26 AM

Re: Public loo's

We used to have 2 public toilets in our village in separate locations, both are closed, I think one has been incorporated into the bowling club house, and the other turned into a sandwich takeaway place.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
We have only one in our city centre now - it is unisex and it is staffed during the day - closed at night. It costs 60p per visit.
Until I was in the UK a couple of years ago I had completely forgotten that you had to pay to use the Loo there. My mother used to say she was "...going to spend a penny"

I was so surprised I took a picture because I didn't think anyone here would believe me.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 11:09 AM

Fortunately, it's free to use them here too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 11:14 AM

If the facilities were clean and comfortable I wouldn't mind paying to use them.

Years ago worst loo experience I had and made me look at liverpudians slightly differently was on holiday we visited Liverpool and being caught short needed the loo not only was it 10p to use the ladies (gents were free) but the lady at the entrance handed out 2 sheets of loo roll to each persona s they went in. Not even the cleanest loos either.

Came away thinking liverpudlians were rather mean and stingy people if they thought that was how a loo should be presented.

Loos in Glastonbury talk to you ! Quite a worry when you are just pulling up your knickers to hear the door will open in 10 seconds
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 11:17 AM

Our local council charges 10p per visit, it was 20p, but after a flood of complaints, they "slashed" the price back to 10p.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
We have only one in our city centre now - it is unisex and it is staffed during the day - closed at night. It costs 60p per visit.

60p per visit!!!
Whatever happened to 'spend a penny' !!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 04:20 PM

Inflation lol

Remember years ago at Euston station taking the kids to loo, we were on a visit having lived abroad, so no English small change (we weren't even supposed to be at a train station actually, it was a cock up with flights)
was confronted with desperate kids and no money for slot machine. A kind soul gave me the 10 p or whatever it was I needed.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 04:36 PM

We don't have public toilets. One must find a shopping mall or a store.. or hold it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;339398]
we visited Liverpool and being caught short needed the loo not only was it 10p to use the ladies (gents were free).

Why do the men get away without paying? Their needs are much the same as ours, and they use soap, (hopefully?) mirrors, condom machines etc, so why do they get it all free?

Loos in Glastonbury talk to you ! Quite a worry when you are just pulling up your knickers to hear the door will open in 10 seconds :blush.

Julie, it could be worse though - they might not warn you!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 05:44 PM

I think they are all gone in Dublin city, they used to have several of those old wrought iron structures and white tiles everywhere inside dotted around the city but then they started to pull them down(no pun intended).
Reports of all sorts of carry on going on inside, drug dealing and sex weirdo's hanging about, one was supposed to be haunted by a constipated window cleaner, always very smelly places they are no loss as far as I'm concerned, I always use the pub toilets when I'm in town.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top