Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 10:23 PM

Re: Are You A Loner

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Give me a cave in a wilderness and i would happily enjoy the life of a Hermit. Im comfortable in the natural world, i like open space and solitude though i would miss music.
What about the forum, you wouldn't miss 'us'?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
What about the forum, you wouldn't miss 'us'?
Nope AC, trouble is there is no real wilderness left in the UK so i would probably encounter people wherever i went. Very hard to find dark skies here always light pollution and traffic noise.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 10:30 PM

Come over here then! Its pitch black out our back windows at night, no streetlights up the Cty. Rd. Forest back there as well, wild turkeys, deer, coyotes, wolves. You'll love it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Give me a cave in a wilderness and i would happily enjoy the life of a Hermit. Im comfortable in the natural world, i like open space and solitude though i would miss music.

Bit like that myself Nom, except I'd want my dogs with me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 10:53 PM

No, I like the proposition of the loner syndrome, but need other folks, so I guess I'm not a loner.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Nom, you ought to visit the NW of Scotland. No problem with dark skies or traffic noise here in rural Aberdeenshire.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 09:39 PM

Would they still know you without your dog?
Oh yes, definitely.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 11:02 PM

Come over here then! Its pitch black out our back windows at night, no streetlights up the Cty. Rd. Forest back there as well, wild turkeys, deer, coyotes, wolves. You'll love it.
I had a culture shock when I stayed with someone in Tennessee, his big house was out in the wilds, no street lights, possums squished on the road, some huge insects similar to wasps that will swoop down and give you a shocking sting! deer wandered through the bottom of his huge garden.
I looked out of the window one night and there was total blackness, I couldn't live like that
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

05-05-2014, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I had a culture shock when I stayed with someone in Tennessee, his big house was out in the wilds, no street lights, possums squished on the road, some huge insects similar to wasps that will swoop down and give you a shocking sting! deer wandered through the bottom of his huge garden.
I looked out of the window one night and there was total blackness, I couldn't live like that
We moved from city life to country & I took to it like a red eared slider to water, ha ha. I can understand how it could psyche somebody out though.

When I've driven home in November /December from the stores sometimes & it gets dark about 5 pm then. If no one is behind you with headlights, the blackness just swallows you up in the car. I absolutely love it & am annoyed if I see headlights suddenly behind me. Again, I can see how it could give someone claustrophobia though.

We don't have possums but lots of raccoons.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 11:19 PM

I am a loner, just ask all my friends.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top