Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 05:38 PM

Re: Why Does No One Bat An Eyelid At An Old Dad?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
.... men can produce offspring until the day they die - even longer in the event that spurn has been kept in a sperm bank for use later.

But if ..... the woman goes beyond the window of opportunity they could produce sub standard examples of humans ....
NOW it's clear why I spurn some sub-standard humans
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 05:41 PM

Although in one way I think it's up to the individual what they get up to and that age difference doesn't matter, I also think that most people are missing the main issue, which is that the baby's father will probably die before it's a teenager. this is unfair on the child in my opinion.

As mentioned on another thread, time is probably the most important thing you can give a child. It's not all about how wealthy you are.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oooh Twink, you're a hard woman, you are!!
I do my best Art!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Or perhaps its down too evolution, and men were never meant to be tied to one woman but to spread their genes as far and as often as possible.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
An old farmer friend of mine had his first child when he was 74.
He spoilt that boy rotten because he knew he would never have any more.

Your post brought back to my mind the Killing by the IRA scum of the 15 year old and 6 year old boys killed at Warrington.

The Father of the 6 year old was in his late fiftys when the boy was born and his first and only child...the death destroyed his marriage...this story always haunted me and have always felt sad over it.

I have one child if God forbid she dies before me I will have no one in this world.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I see, 71 year old lyricist Sir Tim Rice is going to be a father again with a 34 year old woman! Imagine if the roles were reversed, it would make headline news but old dads don't make the headlines and no one seems to bat an eyelid!
If it was a woman expecting a baby at 71, many people would be disgusted but when it's a man, it seems acceptable! I'd imagine many people would say, 'Good on you mate, there's still life in the old dog yet'!
What are your views? Is it a case of, no fool like an old fool? Or, Good on you?!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...GIRL-TOWN.html
It was only this week that I read that a 70 year old woman had just given birth. End of the day what has it got to do with judgemental other people.

http://www.ndtv.com/health/first-bab...ncerns-1405424
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
It was only this week that I read that a 70 year old woman had just given birth. End of the day what has it got to do with judgemental other people.

http://www.ndtv.com/health/first-bab...ncerns-1405424
It's more to do with the child. It's mum will be dead before it grows up (probably).
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's more to do with the child. It's mum will be dead before it grows up (probably).
For many that may be a blessing, who am I to judge. Would I rather have been raised by two old billionaire gays, yes very much .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I do wonder why a 34 year old would want to be with a 71 year old , and I do mean this with respect , in fact I'd love to ask her why ?
At least 250 million reasons
Young women never have babies with penniless unknown old blokes .
dukeofearl
south coast uk

14-05-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
At least 250 million reasons
Young women never have babies with penniless unknown old blokes .
Call me cynical, but that is a very narrow minded view.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top