Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 03:22 PM

Re: Pig or Lamb

Depends on what you feel like at the time, certainly pigs liver is a lot stronger and with onions is something special Lambs liver is ok but lacks that extra bite that pigs liver has...............however if it came to caring for lambs or pigs, I think I would prefer lambs!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Depends on what you feel like at the time, certainly pigs liver is a lot stronger and with onions is something special Lambs liver is ok but lacks that extra bite that pigs liver has...............however if it came to caring for lambs or pigs, I think I would prefer lambs!
It's more about cooking to me Moyra
Lambs liver disintegrates when it is braised, whereas pigs liver remains in its pre cooked pieces.
Pigs liver, when flash fried curls up and becomes tough whereas lambs liver stays relatively tender.
It really is a matter of choice
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 06:31 PM

Lambs liver lightly fried with onions then drained off and added gravy stirred slowly for a few minutes until heated through and thickened, to have with turnip and carrot mash, peas and mashed potatoes.... it's to die for..... yummy!!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Lambs liver lightly fried with onions then drained off and added gravy stirred slowly for a few minutes until heated through and thickened, to have with turnip and carrot mash, peas and mashed potatoes.... it's to die for..... yummy!!!
Stop it! Stop it!!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Stop it! Stop it!!
You have to read it in the same soft spoken voice of the man that does the M & S Advert for food
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Coincidence, my friend was telling me last night how much she'd enjoyed her Liver & Bacon meal,I said I must get some ,not having Liver for years , we agreed that Lambs Liver was the best
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:53 PM

With me it’s a case of “Oh you are offal, but I hate you” Good luck to anyone who can eat liver of any kind, the very sight of raw liver makes me want to throw up, but the wife eats the insides of all creatures great and small, I keep well away from the kitchen when she’s preparing, liver, hearts, tongue, etc.yuk!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Would you recognise the book if you saw it?
There are lots on eBay...
Sonia Allison pops up lots of times, 1968, 1978...
If you go on eBay and search Dairy Book of Home Cookery Sonia Allison, you never know!!
Thank you ruthio - I will certainly try that x
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 10:22 PM

http://isabelmelville.hubpages.com/h...sserole-Recipe

This one's got tinned tomatoes!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top