Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Re: Corbyn's IRA History - Enemy Of The People

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yet you can't see that voting for a traitor, a totally unpatriotic man, is foolish in the extreme?! It seems likely that you also are unpatriotic and would like to see Britain destroyed.
Don't be daft. If this is level of your argument I'm not playing any more.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not denying anything I'm saying we need to talk to them more and he does. Instead of using that as a conduit to peace like it could be he's being criticised for it which doesn't help anyone. Take a positive from a negative I say don't compound the error.
So how exactly did his talking to terrorists help?
Give us something positive and tangible.
as far as i know Hamas and Hezbollah are still intent on murdering people .
Goodness only knows what the IRA are doing still running drugs i guess.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:45 PM

If being on the right side of history is unpatriotic then Corbyn is unpatriotic.

Understanding the causes behind Ireland being a divided country and sympathising with Irish patriots, sounds bad, history will show who is correct.

Believing that injustice gave birth to Hamas and Hezbollah, who being patriots are fighting for their ancestral homelands.
Their own lands having been granted to European Jews escaping persecution by Europeans, by a group of nations that had no right to give the land away in the first place.

Corbyn is famously anti nuclear, has condemned violence by the IRA and both sides in Venezuela.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 10:00 PM

Isn't being a patriot, the last refuge of a scoundrel, or is that just hearsay.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
George Bernard Shaw
“Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.”

George Washington.
“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.”

Bertrand Russell.
“Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.”

Guy de Maupassant
“Patriotism is a religion, the egg from which wars are hatched.”

Leo Tolstoy
“To abolish war it is necessary to abolish patriotism, and to abolish patriotism it is necessary first to understand that it is an evil."

"Tell people that patriotism is bad and most will reply, ‘Yes, bad patriotism is bad, but mine is good patriotism.’”

Bob Dylan
“They say that patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and then they make you king.”
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
If being on the right side of history is unpatriotic then Corbyn is unpatriotic.

Understanding the causes behind Ireland being a divided country and sympathising with Irish patriots, sounds bad, history will show who is correct.

Believing that injustice gave birth to Hamas and Hezbollah, who being patriots are fighting for their ancestral homelands.
Their own lands having been granted to European Jews escaping persecution by Europeans, by a group of nations that had no right to give the land away in the first place.

Corbyn is famously anti nuclear, has condemned violence by the IRA and both sides in Venezuela.
Hi

I disagree completely.

There is no excuse for the deliberate killing of innocents for political reasons.

Children are not responsible for the Political situation.

The utter callousness of the IRA appalls me and anyone who sympathises with terrorists also appalls me.

I sometimes wonder if those who support or accept terrorism would have the same opinion if they had had to pick up the body parts ot children.

The UK is not a dictatorship, political change is delivered through the ballot box, not through terror.

Terrorists are just scum.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

i disagree completely.

There is no excuse for the deliberate killing of innocents for political reasons.

Children are not responsible for the political situation.

The utter callousness of the ira appalls me and anyone who sympathises with terrorists also appalls me.

I sometimes wonder if those who support or accept terrorism would have the same opinion if they had had to pick up the body parts ot children.

The uk is not a dictatorship, political change is delivered through the ballot box, not through terror.

Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 12:05 AM

Yes you are right, he's a Marxist and will do absolutely anything to gain power and inflict his failed ideology on the people of this land
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not hearsay, just stupid nonsense
Bruv
Kent UK

28-10-2017, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I disagree completely.

Children are not responsible for the Political situation.

The utter callousness of the IRA appalls me and anyone who sympathises with terrorists also appalls me.

The UK is not a dictatorship, political change is delivered through the ballot box, not through terror.

What do you disagree with ?

The invasion of Ireland by the English ?
Or the demand of nationalist Irish to have a unified Ireland ?

Irish history didn't start with the Hyde park bombing.
Palestinian history didn't start with the formation of Hamas.

Supporting the aims of terrorists is not supporting acts of terrorism.

I wholly agree that terrorism is abhorrent, terrorism is wrong.
I wonder if terrorists think terrorism is wrong , or whether it is the last resort after years of trying other means to reach their aims ?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top