Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Re: Yet another royal brat!!!

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
So OB, your wife was told to go home and rest and you're grumbling ! What about all those pregnant women in the third world countries who don't have a home to go back to. Instead of grumbling about what privileges you haven't got you should be thankful for what you have got- which is a lot more than half the world's population.
Aren't we getting all hoity toity!!! - not all of us that can swan off on foreign tours to the Pacific islands and get it all paid for by joe public. Wills is supposed to be a helicopter pilot for the RAF working out of Anglesey. I wonder how many of his colleagues can get as much 'leave' as Wills has had over the past six months???
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Alan, I'm not grumbling about what privileges I don't have, in fact I'm a rich man of which I am INCREDIBLY thankful for, not that that is any of your business nor do I want any privileges other than my bungalow, coal fire and car to go about in. I am very humble and follow the principle of only buying what I need, and as such I purchase very little as I'm not greedy what so ever.

What I am grumbling about is the Royals having all this media attention when nobody would care if it was just another person from a regular house in a regular area.

The wife and I give to many charities, one of which being one for the third world countries.

Upon reading your reply again, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

What I am grumbling about is why Kate gets this special treatment when other people don't - such as in third world countries you mentioned.

Either way, if she is in a serious condition I hope she's alright (I'm not a complete b******), but as for all the no doubt daily updates we'll get from now until the birth (then it'll be even more intense), I couldn't give two hoots.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:44 PM

It is quite simply a fact of life that different levels of society have different lifestyles. Maybe you would like to abolish the royalty OB and maybe someday in the future they will be abolished but, at the present time, they are part of our society and enjoy the privileges commensurate with their role in that society.I for one wouldn't want to live in a society where we were all levelled down to the lowest common denominator.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It is quite simply a fact of life that different levels of society have different lifestyles. Maybe you would like to abolish the royalty OB and maybe someday in the future they will be abolished but, at the present time, they are part of our society and enjoy the privileges commensurate with their role in that society.I for one wouldn't want to live in a society where we were all levelled down to the lowest common denominator.
What is all this levelling down??? - why not level UP to their level for EVERYONE of us.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Oh I know people in different levels of society have different lifestyles but my problem is people who don't actually have to worn their fingers to the bone to get to the level I am, for example.

I can now do whatever the hell I want and not worry about the costs (not that I do, as I said I live a pretty boring life) but I haven't got that for nothing.

For years I struggled on the bread line working as a manual labourer for every factory within 30 miles of my hometown and scraped together just enough to buy an old building with some land and turned it into a garage. It wasn't that successful at first and I couldn't afford any employees so I did everything there from changing a gearbox to doing the paperwork and taking phone calls. It was damn hard work and I often thought about giving up but eventually the money started coming and I managed to better myself piece by piece.

So now when I go for a nice meal with the wife and pull some money out of my wallet to pay for it, I know that money didn't just pop into my bank, I grafted 17 hours a day for years to get it.

As Joe rightfully pointed out, if any other RAF employee took as much time off work as William has he would have had his P45 by now, but William is still very much employed.

Says a lot.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Well done OB, I like to hear that people who have grafted hard get their just rewards. You sound like a good man so we'll just have to disagree about the royal family for now.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

04-12-2012, 07:05 PM

Different strokes for different folks - everybody has different views, and thank goodness for that because that's what makes us human.

Have a good evening Alan.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 10:45 PM

Morning sickness affects the majority of pregnant women and most are able to cope with it without medical help. However Kate has a potentially dangerous type of morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, where vomiting is so severe no food or liquid can be kept down. She has been vomiting about 30 times a day and without treatment it can put Mother and Baby at risk.

My daughter also had hospital treatment due to severe morning sickness .... it is not special treatment only offered to the Royals. I wish Kate well with her pregnancy and hope she produces a bonny heir to the throne next year
andra
New Member!
Denver, USA
andra is male 

06-12-2012, 01:49 AM

Here we go then. Another hand in my pocket.

Nine months of vomit inducing, sycophantic, crawling TV and newspaper coverage of the just announced pregnancy of Kate Middleton.

There won't be a single day goes by without the slightest mention of the `happy event`, with detailed analysis of every iota of info ranging from where she conceived, speculation of the sex of the child and whether she will suffer from morning sickness or not.

Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2012, 01:52 AM

Some would agree, and some wouldn't, and why would there be another "hand in your pocket?"

Click on link for existing thread.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=10636

You don't have to read or listen to any of it as nobody is forcing you, and in any event, why should it affect you in the USA? You won't be affected in any way. Personally, I'm not a Royalist, but I do object to foreigners having their say on matters of historic interest regarding my country. I don't put across opinions as to what happens in yours.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top