Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Re: Nothing Monday

Good God, Mags,people are wearing those??? I'm obviously not up on fashion, I thought the weird hats I saw at the Wedding were a strange lapse of taste .......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:26 PM

The very last one of that selection is the nearest to it Mags, only this one was a navy blue not black, with a bit more veil, I suppose it's all right for a young girl but it didn't look right on her, to me anyway, but old fashioned gentleman that I am, I said it was lovely.
Can't wait to see the state of her when she gets home
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Good God, Mags,people are wearing those??? I'm obviously not up on fashion, I thought the weird hats I saw at the Wedding were a strange lapse of taste .......
Can you remember Emma's wedding photos on Catsey, Eileen? Emma wore a fascinator with her wedding dress...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Truthfully, no, I'll go back and have a look at it.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
The very last one of that selection is the nearest to it Mags, only this one was a navy blue not black, with a bit more veil, I suppose it's all right for a young girl but it didn't look right on her, to me anyway, but old fashioned gentleman that I am, I said it was lovely.
Can't wait to see the state of her when she gets home
Full marks to you for being very tactful Jem ....... Mrs Jem has trained you well!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Meg she's still out so I can say this without fear of her looking over my shoulder...that hat, It reminded my of something old Mother Riley would wear, remember him Arthur Lucan?:-D, if I had said that to her I'd be lynched. She looked great otherwise and she will have a good time, meanwhile I'm enjoying the peace and quite on my own.
Jem he often wore a bonnet with a chin strap
More appropriate for a Salvation Amy 'do' than a wedding
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
..Eileen did you not catch a glimpse of the Royal wedding , there were some truly astonishing fascinators and hats including a upside down deer in full flight complete with antler (well that is what it looked like to me ) and an elongated cockerel
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-10-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
..Eileen did you not catch a glimpse of the Royal wedding , there were some truly astonishing fascinators and hats including a upside down deer in full flight complete with antler (well that is what it looked like to me ) and an elongated cockerel
Meg, that's what I meant when I said I thought the weird hats at the Wedding were some strange lapse of taste ... I am obviously not up to date on fashion!! Haven't worn a hat in donkeys years .......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:18 PM

Lovely morning and warm, but what a change this afternoon-became very windy and temperatures dropped! Sorted out when they are coming to put my new central heating boiler in-will be Friday, just in time for when the temperature drops even further!

Had a 'pottering' sort of day today. Felt so much better towards end of last week after virus, that I decided to sort garden out and do various other jobs. Was so annoyed with myself that I had really over-done it! Drained all my energy and went back to nearly square one-a lesson to be learnt there! Feeling so much better and my legs are holding my body up for much longer now!!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-10-2011, 10:20 PM

Oh merz, sorry you overdid; it's so easy to do when we feel better, and then we're back to square 1.......

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top