Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Re: What do you think of this then?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Please put it into perspective, not blinkered defence of our wonderfully behaved doggies.

How many(%)of our species leave needles on beaches?
How many leave soiled nappies?
Broken glass?
Etc. Etc.

Now, how many dogs crap in public?

It is perfectly legal for dogs to defecate outside . They can hardly be held responsible if their law breaking humans do not pick it up . It's not dogs who are ruining the oceans but humans . There is literature all over the internet supporting this .
http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth...anet/problems/
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You don't see dogs fly tipping, dropping litter etc, dogs are owned by people who should clear up after them, it's not the animals fault they need a poo, and I've seen plenty of men and women doing their business at side of road or in car parks, drunks don't mind much where they go.

Comment about hand washing ? I've cleaned loos for years I assure you not even half the people use soap and water after they use the loo not half.
Dear me, anyone can cherry pick like this.
I don't fly tip, I don't drop litter, along with the billions of others that don't.

Reminds me of the saying
"All rapists are men, not all men are rapists"
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Dear me, anyone can cherry pick like this.
I don't fly tip, I don't drop litter, along with the billions of others that don't.

Reminds me of the saying
"All rapists are men, not all men are rapists"

I think you are doing a bit of cherry picking yourself . There are plenty of responsible dog owners out there but sadly nobody ever notices them .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 12:56 PM

I'm sure there are, but then again it wasn't me that generalised and described the owners as filthy.

I like dogs, I've just rescued an old boy with severe problems.

What I dislike immensely are those owners the pretend to be responsible.
Those that kid the viewing public by bagging up their dog's crap and then throwing the bags into the hedges or trees.

Where I last lived was a local beauty spot, fields surrounding a lovely lake.
People would allow their dogs to run freely, chasing geese as the owner's laughed at their cute little 'wouldn't hurt a fly' babies enjoying their freedom.

No way would these people walk the 500 yards or so to pick up the mess left.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 01:42 PM

@clumsy
I've just realised, after reading your post, that I've never seen a dog **** , on a beach in Spain.

By law, at least in our area, dogs are not allowed on beaches, especially not during tourist season, which is year round these days. During the winter months we occasionally go to a beach approx. 20 minutes drive away, but without a word of a lie, our little dog has never once even tiddled on a beach, we always take her a walk round before getting to the beach, we know her habits well you see and always, always clean up after her, no matter how remote an area we are in.

Edited to add: It is a very rare event that our little dog is ever let off the lead, you never know what's going to come bounding along and she needs picking up quickly, or if she decided to paddle in the sea and got swept away. No, I prefer to know I have full control of her at all times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
By law, at least in our area, dogs are not allowed on beaches, especially not during tourist season, which is year round these days. During the winter months we occasionally go to a beach approx. 20 minutes drive away, but without a word of a lie, our little dog has never once even tiddled on a beach, we always take her a walk round before getting to the beach, we know her habits well you see and always, always clean up after her, no matter how remote an area we are in.

Edited to add: It is a very rare event that our little dog is ever let off the lead, you never know what's going to come bounding along and she needs picking up quickly, or if she decided to paddle in the sea and got swept away. No, I prefer to know I have full control of her at all times.
Yes we have made a rod for our own backs too and trained ours to poo at home, they either go before a walk or when we get back, but unless it's a real emergency they know not to go anywhere else. Has made days out interesting as they will go on a puppy pad so we can be seem putting their mat down to go on, I'm sure people think we are mad
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Please put it into perspective, not blinkered defence of our wonderfully behaved doggies.

How many(%)of our species leave needles on beaches?
How many leave soiled nappies?
Broken glass?
Etc. Etc.

Now, how many dogs crap in public?

In all fairness, they haven't got much choice have they, not having designer loos with warm air dryers and scented cubicles.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What worries me more on beaches and in public is abandoned dirty nappies, if amazes me we haven't had an outbreak of polio or something. We really are a filthy breed of animal.
Some are Julie, but not everyone by any means.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 02:02 PM

I'm sure there are, but then again it wasn't me that generalised and described the owners as filthy.

I like dogs, I've just rescued an old boy with severe problems.

What I dislike immensely are those owners the pretend to be responsible.
Those that kid the viewing public by bagging up their dog's crap and then throwing the bags into the hedges or trees.

Where I last lived was a local beauty spot, fields surrounding a lovely lake.
People would allow their dogs to run freely, chasing geese as the owner's laughed at their cute little 'wouldn't hurt a fly' babies enjoying their freedom.

No way would these people walk the 500 yards or so to pick up the mess left

I agree with you there Tpin, it's irresponsible owners like that that give the rest a bad name.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-08-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
In all fairness, they haven't got much choice have they, not having designer loos with warm air dryers and scented cubicles.
My point is the generalisation by Julie.
Defence is one thing but c'mon

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top