Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Re: Count your blessings.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Much about the same as me BV. My brother lives half the time in the Canary Islands, and doesn't ever come to see me when he is here, and I'm not sure if I'd even recognise his grown up children if we passed in the street. Even my own son is either working unsociable shifts or absorbed in his love life, so he rarely pays me a visit either. I'm just glad I have my dogs for company!
Puzzling isn't it Mups. When I told my son I would like to see him more often he said 'mom, I fit it you in when I can'! Good job I didn't adopt that attitude when he was a child
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have no wish to sound smug.
Neither do I but we are very lucky. We see a great deal of our son and daughter-in-law and our 18 year old grandson. When our grandson was at boarding school we watched every cricket and rugby match he played and attended every concert or play he was in. During the holidays he pops in often with two or three friends just to visit. We’ve had a couple of texts and a phone call since he went up to uni earlier this month.

My daughter phones every day for a chat and we go up to London to visit quite often and she comes to us every few weeks for a night. Our one sadness is not seeing our lovely ex son-in-law. It’s like losing a son.

To continue with all this sweetness and light I keep in constant phone and email contact with our South African relatives and often have siblings or cousins to stay. We don’t do it out of a sense of duty. They’re all really fun people.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 02:38 PM

We are a close knit family made even closer since a devastating loss shattered our lives, we treasure them all as we never know what's round the corner.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top