Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Re: Biting my tongue

Oh yes the full school had to be there and it was the cat .... no mambty pambty with MR Stevenson.Lean across the desk and 6 of the best.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Oh yes the full school had to be there and it was the cat .... no mambty pambty with MR Stevenson.Lean across the desk and 6 of the best.
Yep Annie no messing about if you did wrong you got punished. Being the youngest of 7 we all got a crack when it was deserved and none of us caused any trouble for our parents (we daren't), my point being it did us good not harm and kept us in check.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Oh woe betide coming home from school and telling Dragon that you'd been given the cane at school - would get another hiding from Dragon too.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Are libraries still quiet places? Our local one has so many things happening it is more like a bus station than a place of quiet learning and reflection......
I was going to say the same thing, the days of libraries being a place for quiet contemplation have long gone. These days they are child care centres, community centres, craft group meeting places, after school entertainment and always far from quiet.

As Gormsby would say, "...and there's nothing wrong with that."

http://youtu.be/Ot1RPNvn8RI
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh woe betide coming home from school and telling Dragon that you'd been given the cane at school - would get another hiding from Dragon too.
Yes, I recall if my brothers got the strap at school they'd get the belt at home. These days some parents assume their kids can do no wrong and they raise hell with the school over discipline.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top