Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Re: Is nothing sacred ??

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I read in the papers....

Middle-aged people should be warned there is "no safe level of alcohol consumption" and advised to curb drinking to reduce their risk of developing dementia, according to new official guidance.
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) guidelines for preventing the risks of dementia, disability and frailty suggest drinking alcohol is among several factors which can increase a person's vulnerability.

I am sick and tired of faceless committees trying to control every bit of our lives... I think I need a drink.
Then stop reading newspapers Grumble!

This is more to do with lazy "journalists" trawling around for fillers to put in their "newspapers".

If instead of carrying out this kind of pointless, rather meaningless, ill-received research, why can they not simply pour money into research into dementia itself?!

Do the same for every crackpot research project looking for funding and it might just improve peoples' lives instead of providing information for someone to try to peddle us some useless treatments or cures - just a thought. stevmk2
JonV6
New Member!
Devon
JonV6 is male 

23-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I read in the papers....

Middle-aged people should be warned there is "no safe level of alcohol consumption" and advised to curb drinking to reduce their risk of developing dementia, according to new official guidance.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) guidelines for preventing the risks of dementia, disability and frailty suggest drinking alcohol is among several factors which can increase a person's vulnerability.

I am sick and tired of faceless committees trying to control every bit of our lives... I think I need a drink.
Quite right, I like my alcohol in moderation and don't need to be told how to live my life.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:10 PM

As my signature says, I smoke and drink. Aye they'll probably be the death of me one day, but I'd rather die having LIVED in the first place.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:46 AM

They're at it again,this time it's the great British Breakfast of Bacon eggs and sausages....Stop eating it at once or You'll die of cancer as it's as bad for Us as smoking fags....oooer,too late for Me, I've just had My once a week fix an hour ago...I wonder what they'll decide is going to kill Us next? :~(
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
They're at it again,this time it's the great British Breakfast of Bacon eggs and sausages....Stop eating it at once or You'll die of cancer as it's as bad for Us as smoking fags....oooer,too late for Me, I've just had My once a week fix an hour ago...I wonder what they'll decide is going to kill Us next? :~(
Absolutely May, right on the button!

A big breakfast, despite the calories, is the best way to begin one's day. It fills you up, gives you the energy and carbs to 'wake you up' and I find it also helps obliterate colds and generally feeling groggy. Bloody do-gooders!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Absolutely May, right on the button!

A big breakfast, despite the calories, is the best way to begin one's day. It fills you up, gives you the energy and carbs to 'wake you up' and I find it also helps obliterate colds and generally feeling groggy. Bloody do-gooders!
Oh,well said that Man,I feel so much better now,heh heh...They'll be saying next that tatties and mince are bad for Us ;~)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh,well said that Man,I feel so much better now,heh heh...They'll be saying next that tatties and mince are bad for Us ;~)
ha! I can see a Daily Mail journalist looking in now
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 11:45 PM

Well, I notice it does give me a bad head at times.

Poison. Don't go near it is the best advice.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 01:55 AM

A lot of people like taking poison. I suppose it's ok in moderation and probably quite enjoyable. Have another sausage.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 05:11 AM

Ten years down the road, the so-called experts will do another study and find quite the reverse is true. Sigh. Think back to the high cholesterol study - avoid eggs, etc. Blah blah blah. Now it seems that it is OK.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top