Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Re: Election tomorrow - who would you vote for and why!

I always vote, in both local and general elections. It's the only way the public have of showing governments how we feel.

Both women and the working class fought long, hard battles
so we could have a voice in our own destiny. God help us if we should ever loose that right.

My party of choice sometimes only pay lip service to the principles which it was based on but for me there is and never has been an alternative. Roll on the general election.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 12:40 PM

As far as I'm concerned if you don't vote then you cannot complain about the government or anything else apart from the weather.. It's incredibly important that everyone uses their vote, and disrespectful to all those that have died for our freedom and democracy, not to vote.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 01:40 PM

I agree with you completely, Barry.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Apart from other things, my Grandmother was a suffragette - she fought long and hard to win the right to vote and it would be disrespectful to her memory not to exercise that right.
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Alas Lord Such. If ever there was a need for a decent protest vote it would be now!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Joe, that was not elections that was just some people dropping in to put a tick in a bov, 30% turn out!!! It looks like only the Labour voters turned out. lol

Yes Bob, I wonder why that is??? - Even members of his own party don't trust and don't like Cameron. Are we about to see a 'Coup de etat' within the Tory party???
Not really Joe, I just think that most people realise that what the coalition is doing has to be done after the mess Labour left the country in.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 08:19 AM

You're behind the times Bob, members of the Tory back-bench 1922 committee are threatening just that, a deselection of Cameron as Leader of the Tory party sometime after Xmas.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Cameron has turned out to be just another wishy washy Liberal. What the country needs is some real conservatism, come back Margaret Thatcher, all is forgiven....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

06-05-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Cameron has turned out to be just another wishy washy Liberal. What the country needs is some real conservatism, come back Margaret Thatcher, all is forgiven....
Then we'll be like Assad's Syria, with a full blown civil war Barry.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Heaven forbid - I would vote for Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages first Barry. Toilet seats included!!!.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top