Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Re: Gardeners asked if they are gay!

As I said before, and as far as I'm concerned, people can be whatever they like if it makes them happy, but most of the homosexuals I know are far from happy, some are quite miserable with themselves for reasons only known to them, maybe they should choose another word in between happy and sad.
Yes Jim I like the 'Gay Ranchero' too although it's a while since I last heard it.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:08 PM

There are a lot more miserable hetrosexuals about, though
It suddenly dawned on me...there was a girl in my year at school, whose name was Gay. I wonder how she feels about it all?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
There are a lot more miserable hetrosexuals about, though
It suddenly dawned on me...there was a girl in my year at school, whose name was Gay. I wonder how she feels about it all?
Funny you mention that Janela, one of the most popular TV presenters over here (now retired) was Gay Byrne, he was very professional, the story goes he was offered a big contract in the USA years ago and when they asked him to change the name 'Gay' he refused, so he didn't get the job. Another successful actor over there now is Dubliner Gabrial Byrne, no relation to the other Gay Byrne, so it can make a difference sometimes.
I went out with a Girl called Gay in my teens, and a nice Girl she was too, there were a lot of people called Gay, men and women, I think it's to do with the Angel Gabrial who was the bearer of good tidings.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-12-2012, 05:51 PM

I just had an afterthought, didn't Clifford T Ward sing a beautiful song called Gaye?, I used to love that song.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:16 PM

I had to search for him Jimmy, never heard of him before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQPm6R7qE4
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-12-2012, 06:56 PM

Much obliged to you Janela, I enjoyed hearing that again, thanks.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

11-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Hubby and I enjoyed it too, thanks for mentioning him...I have a music folder and I've added him to it.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
As I said before, and as far as I'm concerned, people can be whatever they like if it makes them happy, but most of the homosexuals I know are far from happy, some are quite miserable with themselves for reasons only known to them, maybe they should choose another word in between happy and sad.
Yes Jim I like the 'Gay Ranchero' too although it's a while since I last heard it.
Nor had I until the wife bought a Country CD from Asda. It also had another version of Dolly Parton's Jolene that I haven't heard before, nothing that different, just different backing and slightly longer.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top