Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Re: Why the Mystery ?

***Can I ask people not to make personal remarks about other members please or their posts may be removed.
Thank you.

Now can we get back on topic...
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:22 PM

It's safer not to give any personal information on the internet, there are some nut cases out there.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:37 PM

I'm happy to tell you everything about myself...........well, perhaps not quite everything !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It's safer not to give any personal information on the internet, there are some nut cases out there.
If someone wants to trawl through my few details on a forum for elderly people to find out who I am and track me down they are welcome
I have nothing worth stealing and am hardly a candidate for Miss World I am also very feisty and anyone who did track me down would not have an easy time...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Good for you gal -
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
Thanks Meg and Jimmy, no sniping? read back over the comments made about Willow! I don't know her from a bar of soap but there's certainly been sniping at her/ him. if I judged a poster by other members comments I wouldn't like her but I don't judge and she seems an extraordinarily honest person as far as I can tell, she just 'doesn't tow your line' no matter ,there are some really nice folk here and I'll come back to talk to them
You are fairly new Maggis - I havent known anyone to be nasty without provocation. Willow, yes, she speaks her mind, as we all do, but there are ways of saying things, you are entitled to your opinion, but to judge others is not really fair.... Its a good, enjoyable forum, gets a little heated at times, only natural. BTW, your original comment suits Willows profile very well....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-03-2013, 05:21 PM

I think some nasty posters just hop from forum to forum
Do they Maggie where people come from or go to I care not as long as they don't start promoting or grumbling about other sites to which they belong (which is of course is bad forum etiquette) and behave themselves when they are here.

Some people who are nasty in one place are fine elsewhere, I think it can depend to some extent on the people they meet on site . We give all new members the benefit of the doubt here

Someone mentioned 'cliques' I would be most offended if anyone ever accused me of belonging to a 'clique' as would any other independent thinking member. Belonging to one indicates to me a person hasn't got a mind of their own.

I enjoy reading about fellow members and looking at their photographs but if they choose not to post any I quite understand.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Thanks Meg and Jimmy, no sniping? read back over the comments made about Willow! I don't know her from a bar of soap but there's certainly been sniping at her/ him. if I judged a poster by other members comments I wouldn't like her but I don't judge and she seems an extraordinarily honest person as far as I can tell, she just 'doesn't tow your line' no matter ,there are some really nice folk here and I'll come back to talk to them
I was NOT snipping! I was just stating that I wasn't interested in where people came from, what is wrong with that?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I was NOT snipping! I was just stating that I wasn't interested in where people came from, what is wrong with that?
Shes 'defending' you gal - read the post again
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Maggis, you asked in your original post why people don't put which country they are in?
Maybe it's because most of us are in the UK ... and we put our county in.
As for hobbies, well some people share this information when posting, and you get a 'feel' for peoples' likes and dislikes the longer you are here and the more you read.
I hope you will continue to enjoy posting on this forum.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top