Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Re: Chatting

[QUOTE=Norway;245174]
Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I thought that would be your answer Graham, once you have found Heaven, why bother.. Did you holiday there and decide to settle... you made a wise choice, in recent years I've longed to go there... would suit me perfectly.... ah well...[/QUOT

yes pat we came on holiday here for 30 years before finally settling here, so we did know what we were coming to and knew most of the systems etc. Would you believe i still dont speak Norwegian, Idle Man! my wife speaks it fluently , so i have been lazy.I do manage to communicate to a certain extent, but my neighbour speaks no English, so there are is a lot of hand waving between us. He is 69 so we are of the same era.
You made such a wise decision Graham... Are the winters crisp and cold... not like ours windy and damp....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Pats CG;245219]
Originally Posted by Norway ->
You made such a wise decision Graham... Are the winters crisp and cold... not like ours windy and damp....
Pat , yes the winters are very cold. usually start around November and go on until April. The temp here has not been above -3c since December, and most of the time below that. night time Temps are between -20c and -10c At the moment it is around -14c at night. When it is as cold as this the days are so bright, The sky is a fantastic Blue, not a cloud in sight. Snow is quite hard now, and none of it has moved, its just as it fell or just in the same spot that we cleared it to.It has now been completely white since Mid December. i have nearly forgotten what it looks like without snow, but i still wouldn't change it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 02:00 PM

I knew it - even the winter sounds wonderful...I dont like the snow, but I would 'get to like it there ' When I 'pop me clogs' my 2nd stop will be Norway......
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:07 PM

I knew it - even the winter sounds wonderful...I dont like the snow, but I would 'get to like it there ' When I 'pop me clogs' my 2nd stop will be Norway......
get your Christmas presents earlier here, Santa Claus comes here first
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 05:12 PM

How do you get on in the Winter then....are shops nearby...
BTW - thanks for the tip re Santa
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:26 PM

I have never been much of a talker (although hubby might argue that point with me) Mainly because I dont meet many people with my shared interest and talking about clothesm film stars and all the other tripe women talk about just sends me to sleep.... My best conversations are always with men.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 05:29 PM

....bye - bye Bags, nice knowin ya.....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Whoops ... I meant men and Pats ;0)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Ah - thats so much better gal...
Dont know what the smilie means, rolling about laughing - I hope..
Norway
i

10-03-2013, 10:48 PM

How do you get on in the Winter then....are shops nearby...
BTW - thanks for the tip re Santa
Nearest shop 6 miles, nearest town 20 miles, nearest city Bergen 150 miles or 5 hours on Bus or by car.Nearest place to buy wine 20 miles , State monopol.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top