Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Re: French Soldier Stabbed In Neck In Paris

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
if you don't like it move on!
Oh I see - it's YOU who sets the rules!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 09:02 AM

if you don't like it move on!
I'd still like to know the relevance of your post to mine...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 09:16 AM

lets get something straight on here MickB - you don't set the rules of postings or styles - you have your own style of presenting - others have theirs - we can and do respond as we wish if you don't like it move on!
To be fair - Mick has a point; you don't always answer a question put to you but instead, you answer one you would have preferred but wasn't asked!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 09:54 AM

we're working on it have no fear - since arriving in OZ I have worked with and for many Indigenous colleagues and organizations and will continue to do so - great strides are being made but we don't always shout about them - quietly quietly catch the monkey

Really??? So the Australian Government are going to give back to the indigenous Aborigines the whole of the land on which Sydney, Melbourne, Camberra and Adelaide now stand??? -yeah like that's gonna happen this side of hell freezing over.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Really??? So the Australian Government are going to give back to the indigenous Aborigines the whole of the land on which Sydney, Melbourne, Camberra and Adelaide now stand??? -yeah like that's gonna happen this side of hell freezing over.
I do wonder if that is what led to the Aborigines becoming so down and out. I read on the link given that Aborigines have a different mindset and tend to live day-to-day - if they are hungry, they will go and kill an animal to eat, they make items to trade for goods they couldn't make themselves. If the available land that they used to use to survive has been removed, it's hardly surprising that they are struggling and have sunk very low.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Thats how it is for the 'Native Americans' Karen - given dust bowls to farm, Reservations.... despicable !
A huge amount turned to drink, having lost everything....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 01:26 PM

I am all for people taking responsibility for their own actions, but really two wrongs will never make a right is the thing that seems most evident to me in this situation.

We have done wrong and so have others over the centuries, but unless we look forward and try to forgive and move forward we will keep repeating the same mistakes.

It has been asked what the difference is with Muslims, well from what I see there is nothing different about moderate religious people but radical/extremists exist in all religions I do wonder if they are simply criminally insane people who happen to follow a religion....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 01:44 PM

You make a good point Julie, and one I agree with...
There have been a couple of horrendous murders that spring to my mind, and the culprits were 'insane'... under medical supervision and on the day of 'both' seperate murders, they told the person in charge of their case, that they were going to murder someone ! Why 'that' is ignored - is beyond me. So, I do believe what you say, otherwise why so fanatical, when others are reading the same book !! I know of Christian mothers killing their child - because thats how 'they' interpreted the Bible ....
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

28-05-2013, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
no just giving some friendly advice!
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

28-05-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
To be fair - Mick has a point; you don't always answer a question put to you but instead, you answer one you would have preferred but wasn't asked!
my prerogative - move on lady!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top