Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Re: MRI Scan

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I don't know.. I have had only 1 MRI and it was noisey. All the patients I have talked to said theirs was noisey.. There IS something called an "Open MRI" for people who are claustrophobic. Were you in a tube or were the sides open? If open then perhaps that is why it wasn't as noisey.
No, definitley a tube that my whole body was slid into (once the tumour had been found, I was body scanned for any others that might have been present).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
No, definitley a tube that my whole body was slid into (once the tumour had been found, I was body scanned for any others that might have been present).
Kal - could it have been a CT scan ......
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 12:42 PM

A CT scan is a shorter tube that rotates around you on the table. IF the tube moved then it was a ct scan.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

10-09-2013, 12:53 PM

X-Ray of orbits,my brain is stuck on scan from this thread,lol.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Kal - could it have been a CT scan ......
No, they're quite small aren't they - this was definitely a tube that I (like others) disappeared inside
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
X-Ray of orbits,my brain is stuck on scan from this thread,lol.
I'm tempted to ring the BMI and ask them why their MRI didn't deafen me
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 06:13 PM

I had one of my head last year and was given a CD to listen to but could still hear some noise from the scanner. It wasn't too bad though. Hope your results are good Uncle J.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
No, they're quite small aren't they - this was definitely a tube that I (like others) disappeared inside
They look the same to me Kal, one uses magnets - one doesn't. Did you slide into a tunnel like contraption ....If so, CT scan is like that ..
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
They look the same to me Kal, one uses magnets - one doesn't. Did you slide into a tunnel like contraption ....If so, CT scan is like that ..
No, I've had both Pats. I'm very curious, I think I will ring them and ask (I'll probably be told it made a heck of a noise and I've just forgotten )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 06:37 PM

UJ you have been there before and 'done it all'. I hope your latest scans prove to show a situation which is easily dealt with and not too painful

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top