Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Verona
New Member!
US
Verona is female 

04-04-2014, 06:54 AM

Re: Photo of the day

churrillman Love that kitten...so cute! The kitten recognizes the wooden one. Nice capture.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 08:04 AM

Copying is simple but copyright remains with the owner unless they allow free use. How do you know?, just because you do it does not make it correct. Sorry but the Mods should start too take notice and state the rules on photography on this site.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 09:18 AM

This is the Harnessed Class the Brasses really shone,and what you see on the back are sets of Brass Bells which jingled as they walked along .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Beautiful horses - thanks

As to photos on here - they are everywhere on the internet, I'm not talking personal photos - so how can it be wrong to display them elsewhere.
Millions can view them everyday.
If it were a personal picture, that would be wrong. But a flower etc - surely not. No one is claiming it is their picture either .....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 01:22 PM

Well that is a shame. Was warming to Ted. He had good taste in music.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 01:31 PM

Thanks Patsy ,i believe any photo put on the net is left open to be taken without permission , anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.. if you don't wAnt it to be shown else where then don't put it on the net .
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Beautiful horses - thanks

As to photos on here - they are everywhere on the internet, I'm not talking personal photos - so how can it be wrong to display them elsewhere.
Millions can view them everyday.
If it were a personal picture, that would be wrong. But a flower etc - surely not. No one is claiming it is their picture either .....
Just because a photo is in the public domain doesn't mean that anyone can copy it and use it for their own good. it doesn't have to be a personal photo, it could be an animal, or landscape.
It is still the property of the original owner, and, by law, you must have permission to re-use it.
Those are the facts, it's no use arguing over it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:34 PM

Spot on Jimmy its theft. im having serious doubts about the integrity of this site.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Thanks Patsy ,i believe any photo put on the net is left open to be taken without permission , anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.. if you don't wAnt it to be shown else where then don't put it on the net .
Your the one who is naive.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2014, 02:43 PM

I love the idea for this thread. I do snag photos that appeal to me that I make into jigsaw puzzles, never pass them on without asking the owner. I watermark my stuff and don't mind you snagging them. What is wrong is if you remove that watermark and pass it on as your own..that is theft in my opinion. Here is my offering for todays picture...

Taken this week

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top