Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 01:27 PM

Re: Women's Logic

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I feel that your ''god bless her'' is more than patronising..

Obviously women aren't as clever as men..

I think you've misunderstood in this case Lilac.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I know how it goes Steve. When the phone rings here and then rings off before the wife gets to it, (It's never for me so I don't answer it) she'll check to see who rang then ring them, when they finally connect, it's nearly always the daughter, she spends half and hour explaining what she was at when the phone first rang, it goes on and on then she eventually asks "By the way what was it you phoned me about" I usually shout "She's bleeding to death Love"

Seen it all before Jem, just the same.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Noting your posts I realise that you seem to have a low opinion on what I posted as amusing.

I did point out that I was not denigrating women nor was I patronising as far as I can see but if for some reason you object to my post I apologise.

I've looked at your profile but you haven't added anything for me to get some kind of an idea of you.

I also note that it says that you haven't added any Friends either? stevmk2
My post was tongue in cheek Steve..so really no need to apologise..

The reason I don't put up much about myself is because I had a rather nasty experience when I first started to post on forums..

I picked up a class A nutter..and stalker..he was in a position of power..and sent me aerial photo's of my house..although I had never given him my address..
My partner had suffered a stroke and he e-mailed me telling me that he hoped he died..and was coming from America to take me back with him...

He said he had told his wife about ''us'' and was divorcing her..

Whaaat?

I would look back at my posts to see if I had in any way encouraged him....Nope..

He was a mod on another forum and had access to my ip address...

Scary...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
My post was tongue in cheek Steve..so really no need to apologise..

The reason I don't put up much about myself is because I had a rather nasty experience when I first started to post on forums..

I picked up a class A nutter..and stalker..he was in a position of power..and sent me aerial photo's of my house..although I had never given him my address..
My partner had suffered a stroke and he e-mailed me telling me that he hoped he died..and was coming from America to take me back with him...
He said he had told his wife about ''us'' and was divorcing her..
Whaaat?
I would look back at my posts to see if I had in any way encouraged him....Nope..
He was a mod on another forum and had access to my ip address...Scary...
Right - now I understand lilac.

I've had something similar so I do know how distressing it can be and I've even mentioned it very recently to someone - on here.

That person was a Mod on another forum too, in fact on several forums and I had to block him on my personal email addresses.

There really are some nutjobs out there!

Nice to meet you by the way!!

I thought you'd singled me out for some reason to have a go! stevmk2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Virgo ->
I have great faith in family and friends' ability to survive but somehow if they are returning home from visiting us (or we from them) there is always a text just to say 'We're home'. I know it's illogical but that how it is for us and I'm sure a lot of others. Yet another example of different strokes.........
I agree with you on this one. How long does it take to text? no need to even ring these days.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 01:45 PM

I too like to know that friends and family have arrived home safely after flying home from here. Itīs just a courtesy call, text, email or skype is usually sufficient, but if I donīt hear I would worry something was wrong.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I agree with you on this one. How long does it take to text? no need to even ring these days.
Oh come on Bruce!

Think!!

My MIL is 90 and just about copes with a landline 'phone! stevmk2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Oh come on Bruce!

Think!!

My MIL is 90 and just about copes with a landline 'phone! stevmk2
Don't give me that nonsense.

About an hour ago I was teaching a 91 year old how to use Skype on her iPad <spit> as part of the Federal Government's Broadband for Seniors initiative. The oldest person we have had was 96 (she is now 98) and she wanted to learn how to research her family tree.

If your MIL has problems with it show her how.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Don't give me that nonsense.

About an hour ago I was teaching a 91 year old how to use Skype on her iPad <spit> as part of the Federal Government's Broadband for Seniors initiative. The oldest person we have had was 96 (she is now 98) and she wanted to learn how to research her family tree.

If your MIL has problems with it show her how.
Perhaps she is happy not knowing, not everyone wants to know these things and are quite happy without. When I went to check my phone was charged yesterday it had been so long since I used it I had forgotten how to turn it on. Blissfully unobtainable when I am out and about though so the "inconvenience" of not using the latest gadgetry is far less than the pleasure I get from quiet walks.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

27-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Perhaps she is happy not knowing, not everyone wants to know these things and are quite happy without. When I went to check my phone was charged yesterday it had been so long since I used it I had forgotten how to turn it on. Blissfully unobtainable when I am out and about though so the "inconvenience" of not using the latest gadgetry is far less than the pleasure I get from quiet walks.
You are allowed to keep up to date with the latest gadgetry and leave it behind when you go for a walk. Carrying it everywhere with you is not compulsory.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top