Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 09:50 PM

Re: 1960's sex education for girls.

LOL silver Tabby , Make him Shave his arm pits ,,that reminded me when i told my OH to and he did , he went running off to his mams when they became sore and she said only women shave under their arms ..LOL
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 10:08 PM

I was taught by nuns and the only sex education we had was from a small booklet about what to expect from our bodies when we reached puberty. Nothing was ever spoken about either at school or at home.

I believed for some time that you could get pregnant from a proper kiss, whatever that was I also thought that babies were born from your navel. A common enough mistake
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 10:12 PM

I think I've seen something like that before Markie. Sounds like it came out of the same stable as this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GIQMOqdM9E
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=lovemyboys;474732]We never had sex ed, nor did my mum tell me much of anything.
I don't blame her, it's the way it was.

QUOTE]

Same here Jackie, it wasn't talked about at home when we were kids, and we weren't taught about it at school either.
I guess it's a bit late to learn now . . . . .
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:05 AM

The boys in my secondary school got absolutely no sex education at all. The girls got an hour talk on "hygiene" in their first year. We boys were told that under no circumstances were we to ask the girls what their talk was about. Of course, that was the first thing we did when they came back into the classroom. "What was it about?" we clamoured, "Just sex and periods" they said. Our response was matter of fact, " Oh - we thought it might be something interesting!"
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 06:45 PM

I didn't have any sex education, my Dad told me about periods, only because I thought I was dying of something dreadful, he just said I was now a woman, I had two older sisters! We didn't have anything at school until our Grammar school merged with the secondary modern next door then we had the condom/banana demo, which, not having brothers, I found puzzling!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 07:23 PM

That was very interesting but unbelievable! I imagine there's many countries that still abide by those rules

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top