Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 11:00 PM

Re: are you kind to yourself?

How many Baths have you accumulated over the years?.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 12:02 AM

I'm always doing something so no I don't pamper myself. I'm like a farmer, many times my hair just gets pulled up, I don't even take the time to brush it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
How many Baths have you accumulated over the years?.

Yes, it is funny when people talk about 'taking a bath' Spittie.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
A nice bubble bath does me. A £1.99 moisturiser from Lidl. I still l feel guilty about extravagances. I won't go out the house without makeup. I wouldn't inflict that on anyone
I use an spf 30 moisturizer on my face. I have stopped wearing foundation makeup. I find that at my age it tends to settle in the creases and makes them more noticable. So I do the moisturizer, and some blush.. that's all.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2014, 09:00 PM

I have my hair done every six weeks, cut and coloured, I use a body lotion after a shower and use a moisturiser on my face.
I do my own nails and give them a coat of varnish when I go out and never leave the house without a little makeup. I like a good perfume. So I suppose I am kind to myself.

I don't like massages.
Gypsy
Ontario, Canada
Gypsy is female 

22-07-2014, 09:07 PM

I'm not into mani/pedi's or massage but I am a girly girl when it comes to pretty underwear. Makes me feel good even if no one else sees it
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Am I kind to Myself? I suppose I am as I now only have Me to care for since My Children/GC are All Adults

My Eldest Daughter once managed a health spa in Kent,so when I visited I had the whole works there (free)

I just use moisturiser and lipstick now on My Face,and stopped tinting My hair so it's au natural (Platignum)..Never had a pedicure,just don't like Anyone touching My feet.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 10:42 AM

I am trying hard to be less critical about myself. My husband tells me on a regular basis that I am beautiful/gorgeous. I sometimes believe him. I suppose it is all down to self esteem.

I am not one for sitting still for very long so the thought of a massage - no. The best I can do is going to the hairdressers every six weeks and having my hair washed and cut. Do not come anywhere near me with a hair dryer.

I get time for myself as my husband works nights so after 8.30pm 4 nights a week I get time to read, watch my programmes and generally chill.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I'm always doing something so no I don't pamper myself. I'm like a farmer, many times my hair just gets pulled up, I don't even take the time to brush it!
Coming from farming folk my Gran would have been mortified not to have her hair neat and tidy, and her lippy on at all times. She always reckoned the animals deserved a clean and tidy carer even when she really didn't feel like doing it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Coming from farming folk my Gran would have been mortified not to have her hair neat and tidy, and her lippy on at all times. She always reckoned the animals deserved a clean and tidy carer even when she really didn't feel like doing it.
Good for her - great lady by the sounds of it - Grans 'usually' are

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top