Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:51 PM

Re: You ate WHAT??

Do you mean offal..you'll have to excuse my ignorance..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Do you mean offal..you'll have to excuse my ignorance..

Well yes, but more specific than that - a male animal's sphericals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

I don't know if your Sweet meats are the same thing as Sweetbreads UJ, but I do know that sweetbreads are definitely not an animals testicles if that's what you meant? It's a fallacy.
Sweetbreads are offal taken from the thymus gland or pancreas. Revolting thought. I couldn't eat it if I was paid to. There again, I can't eat liver or kidney either, and tongue would make me throw up I think.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Or rocky mountain oysters?..

Rocky Mountain oysters are bull calf testicles used for human consumption. Sometimes pig or sheep testicles are used. They are often deep-fried after being peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, and sometimes pounded flat...

Hell!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:52 PM

That's interesting..what are ''fermented foods?''...
Foods such as Sauerkraut and Milk Kefir

This book is a lovely introduction to fermented foods if you're interested: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Food-Fe...ermented+foods
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 04:08 PM

What were you eating?
That was the fried Alligator appetizer..

For entres.. Mike had the fried Walleye Pike... I had Asian Tuna medium rare.. I don't eat fried foods as a rule, but I had to try the Alligator.

By the way.. Alligators run rampant in Florida and other far Southern states.. they can attack humans.. but mostly eat small mammals... they are fond of pet cats and dogs.. so don't feel sorry for them.. They can be pests.... and dangerous.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
On this side of the Pond UJ.... we refer to animal testicles as Mountain Oysters.
AudreyII
USA

27-07-2014, 04:11 PM

Or rocky mountain oysters?..

Rocky Mountain oysters are bull calf testicles used for human consumption. Sometimes pig or sheep testicles are used. They are often deep-fried after being peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, and sometimes pounded flat...

Hell!
oops... beat me too it...
lilac
West yorks uk

27-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Foods such as Sauerkraut and Milk Kefir

This book is a lovely introduction to fermented foods if you're interested: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Food-Fe...ermented+foods
mmm..Sauerkraut...with smoked pork..sausages and boiled new potatoes...
AudreyII
USA

27-07-2014, 04:17 PM

I grew up on saurerkraut... I love it but it gives me gas.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top