Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Re: Comfortable with One's Gender

We had a close family friend who was transgender. He/she was born male and, although "he" appeared to be a big "butch" male, inside he/she always knew he was really a woman. Eventually, after many years of struggling with the implications, "he" had transgender surgery and became "she". Although to many it might sound bizarre, all she ever wanted was to settle down in a heterosexual relationship with a straight man who would love her for herself. Unfortunately for her, that was never to be the case as she died of cancer before she managed to find her happy ending. At least she died being what she had always felt she was - a woman.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 04:03 PM

God luck to her as a woman, but if it had been me I wouldn’t have waited until I was almost pensionable age to make the change, that bit sounds a little daft to me, but maybe there was legal stuff to consider.

This “In the wrong body” thing really reinforces my belief in the soul never dying and it keeps returning all the time, sometimes into the wrong body, or possibly the wrong animal, I got a slight habit of scratching my neck, wonder should I be a dog?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
God luck to her as a woman, but if it had been me I wouldn’t have waited until I was almost pensionable age to make the change, that bit sounds a little daft to me, but maybe there was legal stuff to consider.

This “In the wrong body” thing really reinforces my belief in the soul never dying and it keeps returning all the time, sometimes into the wrong body, or possibly the wrong animal, I got a slight habit of scratching my neck, wonder should I be a dog?
Funny ..... but an element of truth there Jem - for me anyway .........
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
sometimes into the wrong body, or possibly the wrong animal, I got a slight habit of scratching my neck, wonder should I be a dog?
Hope you don't do some of the other things my dog used to do...you'd have to be double jointed.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 04:35 PM

it would do both genders good if it was possible to swap for a month or so, to appreciate how it feels to be a man/woman. It might give us all more empathy with the others' problems.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top