Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Re: Internet Safety

I think it’s all over the place not just forums, I visit ‘Attheraces’ everyday and do all the competitions on there, there are hundreds of thousands of members signed up, I got the same ad on there too.
A few weeks ago up popped a sign saying I had been selected as a prize winner, all I had to do was make a choice of three prizes (An iPad, mobile phone, and something else) and answer a racing question, well it was a horse racing channel after all, I selected the iPad and answered the question, next up came another pop telling me all I had to do was pay for the postage, bang! that was it, I was out of that like a light.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It wasn't an entire thread I just mentioned it in a general thread I can't even remember what the thread was originally about - we do tend to wander sometimes LOL

It was here I remember the people who commented and they were definitely here - couple have left or seem to have disappeared since so probably not our normal type of member !
I was wondering what you were talking about, the so called 'serves' in that thread were pretty mild to the point of non existent.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was wondering what you were talking about, the so called 'serves' in that thread were pretty mild to the point of non existent.
But the tone was there Bruce which was not either helpful or very friendly considering how Carol was answered when she had a similar problem. Just struck me as very different.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Non existent, no one said it serves you right.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 02:45 PM

The implication was there. But lets move on it was a while ago and as I said several people no longer seem to post or may have been banned so it's over as far as I am concerned.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
as I said several people no longer seem to post or may have been banned so it's over as far as I am concerned.
Really, Julie I don't know who that would be

All the members posting in that thread are still here and post regularly if you check their profiles.

I don't think any of them had a 'serves you right' attitude .
I guess you may be thinking of another site to which you belong where the members are not so nice as ours
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:13 PM

I've just a spoof e.mail this evening from someone pretending to be paypal.
They said my account had "been logged in to from a computer or mobile device I had never used before", and provided a link for me to click on!
I didn't click on it of course, but I did phone paypal and they said it was a spoof e.mail and to forward it straight to them, which I did. I also changed my password straightaway too.
This sort of thing really worries me, so I hope I don't get anymore like it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've just a spoof e.mail this evening from someone pretending to be paypal.
They said my account had "been logged in to from a computer or mobile device I had never used before", and provided a link for me to click on!
I didn't click on it of course, but I did phone paypal and they said it was a spoof e.mail and to forward it straight to them, which I did. I also changed my password straightaway too.
This sort of thing really worries me, so I hope I don't get anymore like it.
I don't worry about them Mups like many of the cold calls we get on the phone these days they are randomly generated and the sender doesn't know who the recipients are . The senders just bank on someone responding to one of the many mails .
I am afraid they are part of life these days, annoying traps we just have to get used to stepping over .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't worry about them Mups like many of the cold calls we get on the phone these days they are randomly generated and the sender doesn't know who the recipients are . The senders just bank on someone responding to one of the many mails .
I am afraid they are part of life these days, annoying traps we just have to get used to stepping over .

But how do they know my e.mail address Meg? Can they tap into my e.mails now?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-10-2014, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But how do they know my e.mail address Meg? Can they tap into my e.mails now?
I don't know Mups I think there are lists of email which are bought and sold and circulate between scammers .
Very often the recipient isn't actually named in the email itself.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top