Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 12:05 AM

Re: Its my fault ?? (update @post 27)

Cass it looks like you got a result, I have known the police ignore similar incidents completely .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 01:25 AM

What a horrid experience - I do hope that Benny recovers well.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
if you have a free local newspaper in your area it may have helped to send them your story, several are printed in ours and other people may come forward who have had similar experiences and may be with the same person! it's always worth a try, sharing such issues can benefit the community
Our local paper carries a lot of advertising from the town football club I dont think they would want to know, but I have a FB page for myself and one I set up for my dogs so that I could post doggy photos that only doggy people have to be bombarded with.
Ive put all the photos and a description of what happned up and asked all the dog walking community to share which they are doing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Well done gal.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 10:59 AM

I hope you have a successful outcome after this horrible experience, you have done all the right things and you may have saved some other poor dog and owner from being attacked in the same way. Well done.
Rattmomm
New Member!
Georgia
Rattmomm is female 

06-02-2015, 02:22 PM

This man owes you for any vet bills incurred by you for your dog's injuries.. He owes you an apology also, but I highly doubt you will get that.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 11:16 AM

Just an update on Benny.

Yesterday I took him and Remy to the little island we walk at. I let them off the leads and Remy just high tailed it back to the car asap so he had to go on lead.
Benny was off lead but it was pitiful, instead of striding out as his normal confident self he felt out every step hesitantly as if he had entered a totally new world, he jumped and backed off when he got too close to a dustbin obviously scared. He even flinched when I reached out to touch him.
So I kept the walk short with lots of treats and 'good boy' encouragement.
This morning I walked him in the park where he was attacked and met up with the ladies and their dogs all of whom greeted him with big wagging tails and Im happy to say that for the first time in a week he responded positively.

I also heard from one of the ladies that the man whos dog attacked Benny has told people that he tried to give me his phone number but that I was hysterical and ran off before he could talk to me..
One lady said 'I found that strange because when I think of you the last word I think of is hysterical'

I think 'sir' has had a visit from police/council and is trying desperatly to apply damage limitation,..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Poor little man I can't really offer help as when Mollie was attacked it really changed her and her last year of life she was a shadow of her normal self, I had to stop walking in the dark as she just hated it and we had to make sure when ever we went out one of us went out first to check the attacking dog was not out side. I hope your Benny manages to over come his fear.
Cass
NL

09-02-2015, 05:00 PM

oh that sounds awful Julie.
I hope I can coax Benny back into normal life..

Remy isnt any help hes more nervous than ever of the outside world and is fast becoming a velcro dog again.

Im just hoping that with lots of postive contact he will give the bad dog a place at the back of his mind and not worry too much.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 05:15 PM

I hope so too I think the key is do things slowly the behaviourist we consulted was very against some of the more popular flooding techniques some trainers use these days. I think Mollies age and eyesight were against her making a good recovery being blind was scary enough add to that being attacked she was just pushed too far. But Benny has time and a chance to recover I am sure.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top