Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 01:49 PM

Re: Alone

I wouldn't go to a pub on my own as I usually only have a glass of wine on birthday, Christmas or suchlike occasions.

I would go to a Café/restaurant on my own for a lunchtime meal or snack only.

Not quite sure about going on holiday on my own ... I probably would do it in this country but it would take a lot for me to travel abroad on my own.

I wouldn't go to the cinema (find the sound unbearable nowadays!) or theatre on my own at the moment but I've never been presented with that option so it's possible it could change regarding the theatre if there was something I really wanted to see.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 02:08 PM

I have done some and would do any of them
If I went on holiday 'alone' it would be with my dog so I wouldn't be completely alone.

Many who have lived alone for a long time don't think about, they just get on with it .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have done some and would do any of them
If I went on holiday 'alone' it would be with my dog so I wouldn't be completely alone.

Many who have lived alone for a long time don't think about, they just get on with it .
Me in a nutshell, Meg, the last sentence.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 03:37 PM

I went on Holiday to the Costa Blanca for 3 Months on My Own when I retired,didn't particularly enjoy it as it was Winter time..Go regularly for lunch if I'm shopping in the City,but wouldn't go out for dinner/cinema/theatre /pub on My Own..Don't really know why..time to give it a try Methinks :~)
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I do think it's good to be independent and be able to do things on your own. When I ended up on my own I wanted to get out there and it does help. You realise how resilient you are and you meet so many lovely people. It worked for me
Agree with you there ,when we went out as a couple ,i felt more alone cause no one wanted to interrupted you.

where as i always have someone to have a conversation with when im solo
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:26 PM

From the holidays I've been on, I've noticed single travellers usually seem to find another single to team up with.
The problem is - what if the other 'single' is a boring person -how do you avoid them? In a case like that I would definitely prefer my own company .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
It's a case of needs must ... so yes I do all of the things on the list on my own ... although I wouldn't go abroad on my own but having said that I have no desire to go abroad any more anyway

The first time is the hardest .... but just bite the bullet and go for it !!!! You will find that plenty of people are also on their own
Definitely Myrtle. Once you've done it the first time, then it's much easier. Like most things in life.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The problem is - what if the other 'single' is a boring person -how do you avoid them?
You walk quicker than them Carol
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
You walk quicker than them Carol
Definitely Eliza! You would have to make it politely obvious as you wouldn't want to spend time with people you didn't click with on holiday. That would be a nightmare
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:58 PM

One problem I did have when staying in a hotel and dining alone with my small son was men
Staring at me/winking/sending a drink over. I suppose I should have been flattered but being newly widowed I hated it .

I guess that wouldn't happen these days, I am a lot older now and times have changes .

If having a holiday alone it would be in a holiday cottage not a hotel.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top