Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Re: Superstitions !

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
QVC sells thousands of them each year - wonder if that's the reason for all the floods
pmsl..good one Patsy :~)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 06:28 PM

My mum never cut our toenails on a Sunday, as she said the devil would be with us all week . I practised that for years, but now think it's just silly.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My mum never cut our toenails on a Sunday, as she said the devil would be with us all week . I practised that for years, but now think it's just silly.

Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 08:14 PM

If any of done wrong and wouldn't owe up as kids , my grandad used to make up put our hands flat on the table and he would run a knife a cross them , first to pull ones hand away was the guilty one , he said it was gods work ,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 08:49 PM

No superstitions here I put them in the lot of nonsense category..
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 09:25 PM

My mother was superstitious. The one that puzzled me the most was never put crossed knives on the table, or there would be serious arguments. Well why would you cross knives in the first place and serious arguments were an every day occurrence in our house, there were seven of us kids
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 09:44 PM

My nan was very superstitious, she had a dream that she and our family were at the grave yard burying someone next to grandad grave , and we were all crying , this dream really upset her for weeks , and we told her it's just a dream , and plus grandad was buried last in a row right next to a hedge at the village grave , so it's impossible to bury anyone next to grandad , about 6 months later our cousin peter died test piloting a light aircraft what crash , because the village grave yard was full up , they had brought the field next to the grave yard and cut the hedge down to make room for more plots , cousin peter was buried next to grandad , exact same as my had in her dream months before ,
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 09:47 PM

Ooo Markey, that was spooky!

I took a spray of hawthorn flowers in to my Mum when I was about 10 and she nearly had a fit - had to take them straight back out!

Wasn't there something about dropping a glove - you invited someone else to pick it up so that they would have a surprise/good luck?

And then there's throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder if you spill any....................
Markey1
London

16-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Another thing don't know if you could call this superstitious , my father was a alcoholic and would go on bender for weeks or months till he made himself seriously I'll , because of his drinking he was really unreliable , so I would wait to he was ill and can't drink any more till I visited him , normally picking up the pieces etc , sometimes I didn't hear from him for months , and it had been like this most of my life , one Saturday night I woke up and had a urge to pay him a visit , this feeling was just out off the blue , I evening got into the car , but then I fought if I go down there , he on a bender and could be anywhere , the following Friday I got a phone call that he was found dead in his flat , at the post mortem , they give the time of death the following Saturday , about the same time I just got this urge out of the blue to see him .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 10:14 PM

Here´s a Kenyan one for you.......never take your shoes off at home and leave them facing the door, if you do that it means you are going to leave the home and family.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top