Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:10 PM

Re: Naughty Nellie!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nellie's been quite good today (for her).
Only thing that baffled me for a bit was a missing Night Light. I have one I have had for donkeys years, you know the sort that just look like a glowing plug without the wire attached. I had unplugged it today in order to use the socket for the hoover, but when I went to put the light back in, it had vanished.
To cut a long story short, I eventually found it hidden under Nellie's Granny's mattress. Now I know beyond doubt that 'Granny' wouldn't have done that. Then I saw a pair of devilish beady eyes watching me from the doorway, grinning, and I twigged who was really responsible.... naughty Nellie again.
What is it about dogs and lights? I had a manic springer staying a while back and was careful to put everything interesting (so I thought) out of reach as I know she 'collects' things. I didn't think to move my head torch from the windowsill. I found it totally dismantled from chewing a while later…So Nellie is not so naughty after all!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Had she chewed it up Mups I always know when Chloe has stolen something , she runs out of the room really fast

No, thankfully she hadn't chewed it at all, just hidden it in Izzy's bed. Whether she had put it there for later, or maybe she thought Iz would get the blame - who knows.
I knew its wasn't an Izzy-type crime though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
What is it about dogs and lights? I had a manic springer staying a while back and was careful to put everything interesting (so I thought) out of reach as I know she 'collects' things. I didn't think to move my head torch from the windowsill. I found it totally dismantled from chewing a while later…So Nellie is not so naughty after all!

Perhaps she was just trying to see how it worked ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-06-2015, 10:22 PM

I was down the garden today, feeding the wild birds, and as I turned round the come back indoors, I saw in the grass - my blessed plug-in night light again.
Didn't walk down there on its own, did it. I know the culprit.

I'd plugged the hoover in and must have put the night light on the floor by the socket. That Nellie Bellie don't miss a thing - swine.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top