Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:30 PM

Re: Growing and Potting on

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I do love these gardening threads . I no longer have a garden. Don't miss cutting the grass, but do miss all the plants and weeding and all that comes from it. A couple of hanging baskets are all I can have here, but it doesn't stop me enjoying reading what other people are doing. You can get so much pleasure from a garden.
Spot on Myra I no longer garden because of severe arthritis, but thoroughly enjoy reading other's posts....I feel as though I am in their Potting sheds/greenhouses with them
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Well you can give me a hand then Wishbone!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:59 PM

Mups, where do you get all your lovely smilies???
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well you can give me a hand then Wishbone!
I wish I could Mups
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 06:22 PM

AS i am not as mobile as I would wish at the moment I am spending time doing a garden walk in our back garden to strengthen the legs. Walking slowly and actually spending more time looking at the plants I am amazed and the different colours and flower shapes, big and small, nature has given us the privilage of seeing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 06:52 PM

Glad you're getting about a bit Bazza, albeit slowly.

I also never tire of looking at my flowers, and I also say a little silent 'Thankyou' to God for giving me the eyes to see them. Some poor souls miss so much.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 10:53 PM

I do the same! I take my first "cuppa" out and walk around the garden and just look at what is happening. There's always something new, something just coming into flower, something to smell or some insect or bird activity.

Isn't there some poem about being nearer to Heaven in a garden than anywhere else on earth?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 11:00 PM

Anzac, just for you....

God's Garden

THE Lord God planted a garden
In the first white days of the world,
And He set there an angel warden
In a garment of light enfurled.

So near to the peace of Heaven,
That the hawk might nest with the wren,
For there in the cool of the even
God walked with the first of men.

And I dream that these garden-closes
With their shade and their sun-flecked sod
And their lilies and bowers of roses,
Were laid by the hand of God.

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

For He broke it for us in a garden
Under the olive-trees
Where the angel of strength was the warden
And the soul of the world found ease.

Dorothy Frances Gurney
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-05-2015, 11:02 PM

Finally managed to get my Aloe Vera's repotted this afternoon.
I've got loads of seedling Dianthus to prick out next, then sow some more lettuce leaves, and quickly get a few Dwarf French Bean in before its too late.
I've just bought some of that patch stuff for lawns to try. Never used it before, but with 5 dogs weeing, even when I water it down copiously if I catch them squatting, my lawn still don't look very clever!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-05-2015, 11:06 PM

I'm glad you posted that, Ruthio, and thankyou, because spookily, I was thinking exactly the same thing as Anzac just yesterday, but couldn't remember it properly.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top