Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:49 PM

Re: card machines and charity

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Yes I agree...it clearly says it's optional...but do they make it clear at point of sale?
Yet another reason to pay cash To tell the truth I'm becomming very suspicious of card transactions at petrol stations. I try to use cash now, I check the amount on the pump, I give notes to just over the value and work out the change I should get as I walk to the shop, then check the change quickly before moving away from the till.

Better still if the pump is set up right I can put exactly £20 or whatever in then no change required
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2015, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Yet another reason to pay cash To tell the truth I'm becomming very suspicious of card transactions at petrol stations. I try to use cash now, I check the amount on the pump, I give notes to just over the value and work out the change I should get as I walk to the shop, then check the change quickly before moving away from the till.
:

I agree, Losos. That's probably the best option really.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:44 AM

I realise that some charities are finding it tough to raise donations these days, but this subterfuge is diabolical. I definitely will not be buying fuel on my card. (That's mainly due to me not driving anymore) But also because the last time I paid for fuel my card got cloned. Perhaps not related but indicative of the fragility of card transactions in general.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top