Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 05:04 PM

Re: Colin Fry

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and that is fine if they do not adversly affect the lives of others or prey on the vulnerable. I believe spiritualist mediums do just that.

As volunteer with a certain organisation I came into contact with a number of bereaved people who were driven to consider suicide by 'spiritualist mediums' .
One of the 'spiritualist mediums' I heard about from a 'client' was eventually convicted of fraud.

Not at all surprised Meg. It's the same as any other 'trade'. Charletons, liars and crooks get a bad name for anyone who is genuinly gifted.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not at all surprised Meg. It's the same as any other 'trade'. Charletons, liars and crooks get a bad name for anyone who is genuinly gifted.
Mups at worst I would put most of them in the category you describe, at best entertainers in the same way magicians and illusionist entertain.There is also the odd misguided person who genuinely believes they 'have a gift'.

It is beyond ludicrous to me to suggest that a human body can be burnt or disintegrate by some means while at the same time a bit of the body flies free in order to communicate with the living via 'the gifted few' .

I would say the concept of a body 'living on' after death is one of the myths created by religion used to subjugate people through fear.

ETA I apologise if my views upset anyone but I am not prepared to sit quietly by and see that which I consider to be a falsehood ie 'communicating with the dead' perpetuated.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups at worst I would put most of them in the category you describe, at best entertainers in the same way magicians and illusionist entertain.There is also the odd misguided person who genuinely believes they 'have a gift'.

It is beyond ludicrous to me to suggest that a human body can be burnt or disintegrate by some means while at the same time a bit of the body flies free in order to communicate with the living via 'the gifted few' .

I would say the concept of a body 'living on' after death is one of the myths created by religion used to subjugate people through fear.

ETA I apologise if my views upset anyone but I am not prepared to sit quietly by and see that which I consider to be a falsehood ie 'communicating with the dead' perpetuated.

Well if our spirit/soul does live on, I hope we meet up again one day,Meg, so's I could say " Hi, remember me?"

p.s. what does ETA mean? I've seen it before but never known what it means?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 11:47 PM

Well if our spirit/soul does live on, I hope we meet up again one day,Meg, so's I could say " Hi, remember me?"

p.s. what does ETA mean? I've seen it before but never known what it means?
ETA = Edited To Add
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-08-2015, 11:51 PM

Aha. Thanks Mags, I'd never have guessed that one.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:34 AM

I totally agree with Meg. When your light goes out, that's it.
But what about ghosts? Yea right.
ETA: estimated time of arrival.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:48 AM

The spirit is a part of you (my belief)
Nothing to do with your body which is just a shell that is shed

The caterpillar believes it is the end, for the butterfly - the beginning
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:46 AM

Personally, I agree with Mups. I do not believe in the everlasting soul. or that part of us moves over into another dimension. Nor do I believe that there is anything 'out there' for us to contact.

However, when it comes to those people who claim to have the ability to talk to the dead, I think they fall into two groups - those who really believe they can, and those who know they cannot. The first group are few and far between, and I think they are delusional.

The second group are very clever at convincing others they can do this. They do it primarily for financial gain and stardom, and rarely for the benefit of the grieving; that is why they are so expensive. They are extremely talented and entertaining people, make no mistake about this, but they are fraudulent. Some will think they are wicked for knowingly perpetuating such claims. They dwell on those people who are mourning and depressive.

When did you last see a newspaper article with the headline, 'Medium wins six million on the National Lottery'?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Sorry no chance of that Mups once I am in woodland grave (I am being recycled into a tree) I won't be coming out to speak to anyone not even you
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:25 AM

Oh what ashame, I have not heard anything myself, I always used to watch him on TV.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top