Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 04:14 PM

Re: My potential dog ownership is taking a step closer

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
We are talking about Labradors here are we or are you trying to be intentionally obtuse owing to my slating your religious leanings?

Labradors are known to be peaceful, loving animals not easily spooked and are easily trainable hence they make perfect guide dogs.

All anyone has to do is carry out a Google search to learn all about Labradors.

Sounds like yours is part other dog - a mongrel.
Mark I don't know what research you have done and it's nothing to do with my religion I just remember reading before we got Elsie how many bite, it surprised me until I had one and then realised how many people try to fuss her when they have no idea of her temperament something they would never do with other breeds that look scarier.

Elsie is a full lab but if she was a cross wouldn't worry me at all love crosses we have had many. She is young and seems to be staying more immature than our chihuahua for instance which is why she is rather excitable, I believe from other young labrador owners what is completely normal for the breed, they just grow up slower than some other breeds.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Mark I don't know what research you have done and it's nothing to do with my religion I just remember reading before we got Elsie how many bite, it surprised me until I had one and then realised how many people try to fuss her when they have no idea of her temperament something they would never do with other breeds that look scarier.

Elsie is a full lab but if she was a cross wouldn't worry me at all love crosses we have had many. She is young and seems to be staying more immature than our chihuahua for instance which is why she is rather excitable, I believe from other young labrador owners what is completely normal for the breed, they just grow up slower than some other breeds.
Well, I give up then. Sounds like Jazzi is stirring up a mess of trouble.

GET A CAT!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 04:21 PM

I ain't stirring up trouble, and I ain't getting a cat!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Tell me about it we have moved the coffee table to side of the room and pushed one of the sofas against it to protect cups from that otter tail of Elsie's - lost more drinks since we got her than we have drunk I think LOL have to love her though as Mrs Wiggy waggles seems to be wagged by her tail - her entire body wags
Indeed Julie, everything wags on a lab, their tails don't just wag side to side either, they often wag round and round like helicopter rotor blades, dangerous things labbie tails
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 05:28 PM

Consent given!!!

(Via email, with the attached signature. Copy will come in the post shortly.)

Putting dinner on shortly then will email Battersea Dogs Home with my request/requirements.

Huzzah!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 05:30 PM

Congratulations Jazzi
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 05:40 PM

Well done Jazzi, what wonderful news for you, you must be really excited now. I'm really happy for you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-10-2015, 05:47 PM

Email sent. Now to sit back and wait.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-10-2015, 05:49 PM

Oooh, just seen these last two messages. Yes, thank you Myrtle and Loretta...I am so excited now.

Oh I remember having big dogs! Our Sabre (alsation/lab cross) would often shake when in the passageway and our walls were covered in brown muck!

I know I am restricted to a little un.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 05:58 PM

Thr kennel club do a breed rescue section

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top