Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
uncle salty
eastern united states
uncle salty is male  uncle salty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 10:54 PM

Re: Sssh!! Whats that noise?

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Thanks for all your comments folks☺
I'm yaw huckleberreh...
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 06:05 AM

After my old dog died we were laying in bed and at 3.30 were woken by the noise of the living room door closing..(its was never closed) then I heard someone in my kitchen...

OH and I leapt out of bed and tore downstairs but the intruder fled via the back door..

That was 15 oct 2001, the very next day 16 oct 2001 OH took me to the local rescue and we adopted my beautiful brown eyed boy Oscar.. Best present I ever had.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 09:22 AM

Much obliged uncle salty☺
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Any noises down stairs is just my ground floor neighbour up and about, noises up stairs are the upper floor neighbours up and about so we sleep fairly safe here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
"So, if someone is foolish enough to come into my home, I'm coming straight at them." Quote Uncle Salty

I agree with you Salty, a man's duty is to protect his family and home at all costs, well it used to be.
Mmm well some of us don't have a man to protect us , I am just hoping any intruder will be scared off by the vision of a fierce old lady shaking her fist and a barking dog .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mmm well some of us don't have a man to protect us , I am just hoping any intruder will be scared off by the vision of a fierce old lady shaking her fist and a barking dog .
I am sure you are safe Meg, anyone with ill intent usually doesn't bother anyone with a barking dog so you have the best deterrent.

Only time we have heard noises my husband has slept through them it's me got up to check taking whichever dog made me feel safer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 09:55 AM

Years ago soon after my husband died I was awoken by my then dog Tilly growling. I went to the top of the stairs and could hear someone trying to get a key in the lock of the front door and I could see their shape through the glass in the moonlight .
My small son was asleep in bed and I was terrified.

I went to the spare bedroom which is above the front door and opening the window but there was no one there.
I toyed with the idea of ringing the police but decided not to.

The next day while waiting for the school bus I asked the neighbours if they had heard anything and mentioned the incident. One of them looked very sheepish and said her husband had been out to a colleague's leaving party and someone had dropped him off afterwards in their car . He had been very drunk and gone to my house (which looks identical in the dark) by mistake.

That day I went out and purchased a large bolt for the top of the door. Nothing similar has happened since
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Very scary for you but glad it had such an innocent answer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 10:10 AM

I live in a ground-floor apartment. I have an 'Alpen stock' at the side of my bed, it is a wooden stick approx 4" in circumference and 3 ft long, it has a steel spike 2" long at one end and a solid brass ice axe (that looks like a tomahawk) at t'other end. I have the choice, either inserting the steel spike in a particular orifice and giving the prospective burglar a severe limp, or rapping him across his hands or head with the brass handle and seriously injuring him that way. In either event, a potential burglar in my premises is unlikely to be able to walk away unscathed.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I live in a ground-floor apartment. I have an 'Alpen stock' at the side of my bed, it is a wooden stick approx 4" in circumference and 3 ft long, it has a steel spike 2" long at one end and a solid brass ice axe (that looks like a tomahawk) at t'other end. I have the choice, either inserting the steel spike in a particular orifice and giving the prospective burglar a severe limp, or rapping him across his hands or head with the brass handle and seriously injuring him that way. In either event, a potential burglar in my premises is unlikely to be able to walk away unscathed.
A man of intelligence and action - I like it .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top