Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 07:44 PM

Re: Borrow my Dog

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I just can't begin to understand why someone would hand over their house to a complete stranger.
either.

:

I wasn't talking about house sitters though Losos. From what I gather the organisation I posted about send people to come and "borrow" your dog. They take it away for a while, not house-sit.

Personally, I wouldn't allow it either way, not to strangers anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:59 AM

Re: Borrow my Dog

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I just can't begin to understand why someone would hand over their house to a complete stranger.

It's all very well saying the organising firm do checks, but what sort of checks I bet they don't do criminal record checks, actually they can't because of all this data protection stuff. I bet they don't do financial checks either.

In fact all they can do is ASK the person wanting to 'house sit' for an address and phone number and that's about it.

And then when the owner comes back and finds the place a tip they complain, unbelievable. Yes, of course most deals probably go OK but knowing my luck it would be the tennent from hell who moved in. Don't want or need that kind of aggro now thank you.
For money of course
The company probably charges the owner money for the dog walking and the dog walker a fee for walking the dog.
Sounds like money for old rope.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top