Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:53 PM

Re: The man at the door.

We used to get such people round when we lived in UK, but one day we actually saw a group of them being dropped off from a people carrier, they stood around talking for a while whilst the man who dropped them off gave them their instructions. It was quite obvious they were neither none hearing or none speaking. We get them here too, not at the gate but usually at the markets where they try to con people into signing to be sponsers for some none event.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:01 PM

I trust no one knocking on the door when its dark, not even if it were 2 police men without ringing the station to see if they were genuine, too many bad things have happened to the older folk.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 05:54 PM

i dont answer it soon as it gets dark --forget it , if its family they will call out or txt ..why do these people appear when dark , u can get cards made anywhere ,,incl gas / electric too ,,,, once u have opened it ur so vunerable ,
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
i dont answer it soon as it gets dark --forget it , if its family they will call out or txt ..why do these people appear when dark , u can get cards made anywhere ,,incl gas / electric too ,,,, once u have opened it ur so vunerable ,
Quite right

There's absolutely no need to answer the door when we have a load of technology at our disposal ... people can phone, text or email first if they want to visit.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 06:29 PM

A young girl selling paintings knocked at our door a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if they were originals or prints. I didn't look closely.

She was carrying a card that said she couldn't hear or talk. There are so many cons around now that I said no thank you without thinking. Probably the correct thing to do.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 06:33 PM

I’m afraid I’m a sucker for door callers, always fall for the hard luck stories. Luckily the wife usually gets to the door first, she doesn’t be long about running them, poor sods, I know how it feels to be at the sharp end of her tongue.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 04:37 AM

These gangs of knockers use all sorts of cons to sell their overpriced dusters and junk.There are many organised in Nottingham that will travel a hundred miles before all piling out of their Trannie to knock a council estate....

A different area each day keeps them ahead of the local cops and trading standards and of course it keeps 'em all in drugs.

These areas of petty crime will increase now the politicians have decided to slash spending on the police.....
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 08:58 AM

If anyone rings or knocks at my door when its dark or even going dark, I just ignore it, as my friends all know I live alone, and if for any reason they had to visit me in the dark, they would phone me first.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 09:25 AM

knock on the door after dark by a stranger , no I'd not feel guilty for not answering. There's enuff daylight hours to come calling.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:47 PM

This just popped up on my facebook page.

I can stop feeling guilty now - It WAS a scam!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top