Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 08:36 PM

Re: Actor on the Stage of Life

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah I too loved John Candy in films.
We must never forget John Wayne’s brilliant line at the foot of the cross in “The Greatest Story Ever Told” “Aw truly this man was the son of Gad” All he was short of was the rollup smoke hanging out of his mouth, the compassion just oozed out of him.
Hey Jimmy, I kinda was hoping you would share with us your motto for life was, but thats okay, my brother. I will still raise my glass of guinness, knowing that is your favorite drink and toast to a man that enjoys mystery novels. Not so much by Sherlock, but Agatha Christie. Obviously Jimmy never thought Sherlock was that elementary, my dear Watson.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Hey Jimmy, I kinda was hoping you would share with us your motto for life was, but thats okay, my brother. I will still raise my glass of guinness, knowing that is your favorite drink and toast to a man that enjoys mystery novels. Not so much by Sherlock, but Agatha Christie. Obviously Jimmy never thought Sherlock was that elementary, my dear Watson.
I do love Sherlock Holmes too, A pub near me was called The Arthur Conan Doyle and was decorated with a Sherlock Holmes thyme, it was very popular and whenever our family got together we all went there for a drink, sadly it's closed now.
Agatha Christie to me was a very mysterious woman herself, we'll never know the full details about the time she went missing. She has a wicked sense of humour and she can't resist sticking in the occasional dry joke in her novels, she could never win the Nobel prize for literature (no more than Doyle would) but she knew how to tell a good story to the ordinary folks and that's what it's all about as I see it.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I do love Sherlock Holmes too, A pub near me was called The Arthur Conan Doyle and was decorated with a Sherlock Holmes thyme, it was very popular and whenever our family got together we all went there for a drink, sadly it's closed now.
Agatha Christie to me was a very mysterious woman herself, we'll never know the full details about the time she went missing. She has a wicked sense of humour and she can't resist sticking in the occasional dry joke in her novels, she could never win the Nobel prize for literature (no more than Doyle would) but she knew how to tell a good story to the ordinary folks and that's what it's all about as I see it.
We all love a mystery, the why and the why not and the hidden why is why we all love a mystery. Keep searching for your answers, Jimmy in this mystery we call life.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top