Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 04:11 PM

Re: Do You Refuse To Be A 'Plate Licker'?

Isn't it strange that most of us try to avoid weddings. I don't mind the Church ceremony or even the Registry Office ceremony, but that's it then ! I want to go home, put my fluffy slippers on, make a cuppa and relax.

I hate all the photos which seem to take foreeeeeeeeeever, sitting with people I don't know from adam , trying to make small talk, can't drink too much because husband usually driving and looks miserable drinking his J2O Orange and Passionfruit drink. I can't dance to the music anymore, the heart is willing but the legs are like lead when I try. and finally, my bum gets numb from just sitting on a hard chair for hours and hours and hours zzzzzzzzzzz
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 04:21 PM

I suppose it would depend on whose wedding.

I have never been to the sort of wedding that had an evening. Church or registry office, daytime reception. Certainly never heard the expression "plate licker".
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Never heard this before . I won't go to wedding invites anymore , the last one I went to I ended up sitting alone for the evening do . The other guests I was with left early I thought it would be nice to stay on but no one came over to speak and I didn't know others there apart from family members who were with their own .

After a couple of hours I thanked the bride and groom and left .

Wonderful if you are with other friends but lonely if your on you own .
Seems very rude of the bride and groom to leave you sitting alone like that Susan not surprised you wouldnt bother again
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 04:47 PM

I don't mind being invited to the evening only do.

Usually the main event is for close family & friends and the evening one for the more distant family/friends. I see nothing wrong in that.

The last I went to was last year when my sons friend got married. We were very happy to go along in the evening and wish them well.
I must admit we only stayed a couple of hours because the loud disco music completely drowned out any conversation...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top