Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Re: Senior moments

I LOVE these Senior Moment stories!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
You are very trusting Jemflux - at our house anhy money left lying around is a tip for the cleaner-upperer
Thats a thing the wife and me started doing when the kids were very young Aerolor, they were told not to take any money but ask if they needed to buy something small, they never touched it and we could always trust them and them us. It's the same now with the grandkids when they are here, which is very often.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
My sister rang last night and told me that she had gone to the hairdresser's in the car and afterwards decided to go on into town - she went on the bus leaving her car outside the hairdresser's. She returned home on the bus, and when husband came in he said "where is your car". She said oh dear and they thought it had been stolen. Husband got on the phone and reported it. It was only a bit later on when he said "I thought you went to the hairdresser today" and she remembered where she had left the car -
This was definitely my lovely younger sister - not me - honest.
My daughter and myself are always forgetting where we parked the car, I think we spend more time searching for it than we do shopping. I always let her find it, its so good for her confidence.
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 08:48 AM

I'm somewhat paranoid about forgetting where I've left my car, so much so that I've only ever lost it the once, and that was on the opening day of Bluewater shopping centre, when there were about 50 of us all wandering round trying to find where the hell our cars were.

Including the security...
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 12:25 PM

Oh yes but you've got a good excuse there, its an impossible place to find a lost car, you need to take notes of the landmarks near it and what bay etc.If we had buses run from this area, I'd get a bus.
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 01:31 PM

I take a ball of string there with me now and tie the end to the front bumper....
val
Kent UK

17-06-2010, 01:46 PM

you remember the string?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 04:37 PM

LOL, Theseus and the Minotaur! Good one!
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK

17-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Yep! Can't go in too many shops though, it doesn't stretch too far...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 07:19 PM

I was going to suggest putting an old mobile phone in the car, then when you think you are near it, give a ring? would you hear it?, I don't drive so I wouldn't know.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top