Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Re: Another boring post ha ha :-)

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Hi Suzuki lovely to meet you. I can't write on your wall at the moment. Loved your profile x
Hi Goldielocks thank you, and glad to be friends x
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
So happy for you Suzi x
Thank you Patsy now we can move on and get the life we've been looking for
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Well guess what everyone?
We eventually move on Wednesday next week
We've been moving since before Christmas.. Wednesday was suppose to be our exchange date and something happend god knows what!? I was livid, and then then today i had to be the go between again as one of the solicitors at the top end was sitting on the fence. I think nowadays nobody has that need for urgency! I mean what the hells going on? At lunch time i called in to see my Solicitor to see if we were exchanging and her secretary said yes were all ready! So why aren't you moving on? why aren't you phoning the next solicitor to say were ready?
In the end i got in touch with the estate agent of the house i'm buying and said what's going on? and she said it was something trivial, she phoned up the woman who's house i'm buying from and she got in touch with her solicitor and everything exchanged within minutes.. The phone lines were buzzing.. You've exchanged!! Oh thank you very much!! it's about bloody time!!

Is this normal, does this really happen or what!
Sue I think you answered your own question when you said " I think nowadays nobody has that need for urgency!" It is something I complain about, almost daily, on a number on incidents.
Anyway your wait is over now, so I hope that after the initial stress of moving house, you will settle and be very happy there.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

09-04-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
In a housing chain, your Solicitor is not working for you alone, it is in no one's interest for the chain to collapse so, probably, an agenda is set by all legals involved, with each one taking a bit of responsibility for any hiccup, at any given time, the object to make the chain successful, and obtain maximum revenue from it.
A bit like a Wrestling Match, where the agenda is pre-arranged by the promoter, the logic is sometimes twisted, but the result clear.
That's very true, while us poor souls have to suffer...
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 11:28 AM

What a relief for you both Sue
It sounds idyllic where you're moving to
Enjoy making the place your home
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

09-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sue I think you answered your own question when you said " I think nowadays nobody has that need for urgency!" It is something I complain about, almost daily, on a number on incidents.
Anyway your wait is over now, so I hope that after the initial stress of moving house, you will settle and be very happy there.
Same here Twink that's why i can't understand some people? It nearly always ends up a DIY job everytime..

Thank you we will be very happy i'm sure
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

09-04-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
What a relief for you both Sue
It sounds idyllic where you're moving to
Enjoy making the place your home
Thanks Rhian
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 11:40 AM

What time does the house warming party start?!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

09-04-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What time does the house warming party start?!
When we open the outside bar
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 11:46 AM

So pleased its all happening for you at last Sue. Wishing you a good move, a dry day and every happiness in your new place.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top