Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:51 AM

Re: Do you mind (men)?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I was watching "DIY how not to" (or something) it was very funny and I thought the men on it were daft but endearing.
However, in lots of TV shows and adverts even cartoon series, men are being portrayed as bumbling twits.

I was wondering if men are happy with this, does it give them an excuse when they do something wrong?
Yes, I watched that. The funniest bit was the light fitting with fan, where the fan remained still and the lamps spun round. I fell about laughing when that came on.

No, it doesn't bother me; there undoubtedly are a lot of 'not very practical' men out there who would be better advised to get someone in.

I don't claim to be perfect (and, yes, I have hit my thumb with a hammer a few times) but I'm capable of doing a lot of things provided I can do them at my own pace (I'll do it when I get a round tuit)!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I can be a bit OTT when it comes to detail. This includes cable-hiding and joins in wallpaper. The idea is not to see connecting or mains cables anywhere. There's nearly always a way to hide them. I'm looking now to see it I can see any joins in the wallpaper ...I suppose I can see a few if I really look.
Him being an electrician, I certainly didn't have to worry about cables showing (hate trunking) What annoyed me was that I'd been doing all my decorating perfectly well for years, but he thought he knew better! But, I was stupidly in love I suppose and it was nice to think I was getting a helping hand. I didn't mention it to him and lived with it for a few years, but, boy was I glad to change it!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 01:39 PM

Well im an electrician but cant decorate for toffee, so i doubt i would be of much help T.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 01:41 PM

I could teach you Nom, it's easy when you know how! Trust me
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 01:48 PM

I could teach you Nom, it's easy when you know how! Trust me
I can do a Jackson Pollock for you, mind it might not be just on the walls.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

13-04-2016, 01:51 PM

That would be fun! I'm all for expressive art!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 01:53 PM

..But, I was stupidly in love I suppose..
That's something worth papering over the cracks for.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

13-04-2016, 01:56 PM

Unfortunately the cracks got larger after marriage and after several years I wished I'd pushed him into one and papered over him!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 07:50 PM

My misses gets a good laugh when I try something and make a pigs ear of it, she knows I'll have a go at anything, give it a lash as they say here, I won't however go near the roof anymore, fell off the ladder twice and once I dropped a plastic bucket on a neighbours head, it was quarter filled with muck from the gutter, no serious damage done just a big bump, that was funny, even his wife couldn't stop laughing when she came out and seen the state of him, I was all apologies but he was very nice about it when I took him out and treated him to a few jars that night.
I never minded getting a slagging about DIY stuff, mind you some of it turned our great and I didn't expect a pat on the back for that either, not that I'd ever get it.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 09:00 PM

i'm very lucky as Mr Welshie is a roofer/builder and has built 2 extensions on our house and obvs we got a new roof too - he can turn his hand to most things

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top