Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 09:45 AM

Re: Have Mobile Phones Created A Bad Mannered Generation?

If you watch a sporting event on TV such as Wimbledon for instance, half the crowd are texting on their phones. Why pay all that money just to sit there using your phone?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If you watch a sporting event on TV such as Wimbledon for instance, half the crowd are texting on their phones. Why pay all that money just to sit there using your phone?
I can't understand this apparent need to be constantly in communication with others, either by speaking or texting. How on earth did people manage to exist in the pre-mobile phone days? Surely, they were able to go shopping, watch sporting events (as you say) and conduct their lives without doing those things all the time.

Another consideration, close to my heart(!), is how do they afford the expense of using their phones constantly like this?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't understand this apparent need to be constantly in communication with others, either by speaking or texting. How on earth did people manage to exist in the pre-mobile phone days? Surely, they were able to go shopping, watch sporting events (as you say) and conduct their lives without doing those things all the time.

Another consideration, close to my heart(!), is how do they afford the expense of using their phones constantly like this?
I understand that for a lot of young people, their phone bill is the highest bill they get.

I think mobiles are great for emergencies - particularly when driving and I wouldn't be without one but to sit there all day glued to your phone is insane.

I imagine that those on their mobiles at sporting events are busy telling everyone else on social media what they are up to, so busy that they are missing the event.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top