Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Re: Shoestring

When we were first married all those years ago, Mr A was made redundant[in those probably got the sack]due to the company he worked for collapsing.
For the first 6 months of our married life, we lived on Social Security, tough it was, we had to borrow money from his Mum to pay our rent. Mind you when we got on our feet we paid it all back.
Through the years we have worked hard, so managed to get a few bob together
We now have more than enough for our needs now, not extravagant, but comfortable.
So I would not like to be on a shoestring TBH.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
One way to save money is not to go to the supermarket.
And whats wrong with supermarket clothes anyway?
Designer labels are just that labels if you go to where they are made ( usually China ) you will find them sending the same clothles everywhere just sticking a designer label on them.
I love supermarket clothing, George is my favourite though. It's cheaper than most high street clothing shops & they do big sizes to fit me.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Wealth and shoestring don't usually go hand in hand.
What's the point of wealth if you don't enjoy it?

It's rather like doing the lottery, winning the jackpot and staying in the same house, driving the same car and still holidaying in the same resort....why?

I suppose wealth can mean comfortable but wealthy, that's a big statement.

Pockets and shrouds?
I think it's more about contentment....when you have everything you want and are content, what are you going to buy that will make you more contented ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I think it's more about contentment....when you have everything you want and are content, what are you going to buy that will make you more contented ?
That's True ! and some can be content with less than others I think. But I still think if you have money it should change your life even if it just means you don't have to worry anymore about bills it's a good change.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 12:54 PM

Someone said "There are no pockets in shrouds".
Also
Don"t be the wealthiest man/woman in the graveyard.
grin
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's True ! and some can be content with less than others I think. But I still think if you have money it should change your life even if it just means you don't have to worry anymore about bills it's a good change.
I don't have to worry about money at all, I can have whatever I want and so can Mrs M...we are content.
If we were younger perhaps we would want stuff, but we are happy to be able to give money away to our family and let them buy stuff instead.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 01:05 PM

I don't have to worry about money at all, I can have whatever I want and so can Mrs M...we are content.
If we were younger perhaps we would want stuff, but we are happy to be able to give money away to our family and let them buy stuff instead.
That's a great place to be in Malcolm. Probably the best place.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-08-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Someone said "There are no pockets in shrouds".
Also
Don"t be the wealthiest man/woman in the graveyard.
grin
That one always puzzles me we buried my mil with her handbag, it was so much part of her I don't think I ever saw her without it so it seemed apt.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 01:37 PM

Admirable qualities.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Admirable qualities.
Thank you !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top