Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Re: Are you scared of dying? (No bickering allowed)

No,I've been with quite a few Folks at the end and it was all very peaceful...My Children are all middle aged and My G/Kids are Adults...,no pets now to be concerned about..What scares Me more is any of My Chlldren dying before Me.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 10:42 AM

I'll happily go like my dad peacefully in his sleep,unlike the passengers in his car.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.” © Woody Allen
Ahhh, do we get a choice then??? lol
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I hate the thought of not being with my kids, so I suppose I'm not keen on the idea of death.
I'm not scared of death but I'm scared of what may kill me.
Don't worry Terry, I cant get round this week.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
The process of actually dying terrifies me, particularly if it will involve pain.
I must agree here. If pain is as a result of some sort of illness, there is the option of effective pain relief although I understand that this is not always entirely effective.

Pain due to a physical incident, though, is another matter.

I think that if I were dying a painful death, I'd choose to end it myself. Although voluntary euthanasia is not yet legal in this country (for some reason), there are many ways of committing suicide.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
No , in fact I don't want to live to be a very old woman I look forward to seeing my mum and dad again and other family members I never knew . A new journey awaits and another new experience .

I've had so much experience and know that I will be welcomed home when it's time to leave .
Just how i feel about it Susan when you pass away you go back to your true home. Who wants to live forever certainly not me especially in the crap world as it is now. So no thanks when my time comes, it comes we all have o go one day so why be scared you cannot stop it.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 01:25 PM

When the time comes is any one intending to have a coin to pay Charon to get to the next world,I will be.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Not if it is like this one thank you - once is quite enough
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 10:04 PM

Like others have said it's not the dying it's 'the how you die'.

My family has heart and stroke problems down the line. I've heart problems among other stuff and I would hate to have an attack or even a stroke and be lingering around on my own unable to do anything and then be found by my daughter, dead.

It happened with my dad. He'd finally had his last attack and the police broke in after 3 days when a neighbour called them as she'd not seen him around. He was eating cornflakes apparently. The police wouldn't let me in as the smell was dreadful and too upsetting to see.
The smell still lingered on weeks later while I was getting the house sorted for selling.
I'd hate my daughter to find me like that.

Haven't even got a dog to bark or whine to let anyone know something is amiss

On a fairly lighter note, if I wanted to commit harry carry and get out while still relatively healthy, at least I could stop my thyroid medication. Bit lingering on in a coma apparently, but at least it's a way out before the going gets tough
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lochsong ->
Not if it is like this one thank you - once is quite enough
Now that is a sad post indeed.
Particularly from someone in "bonnie" Scotland ?

I don't fear the Grim Reaper.
Very occasionally, I even tire of it all and think "Bring it on, mate".

Nahhhh, they'll cart me off kickin' and screaming.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top