Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 01:52 PM

Re: Shopkins

I refuse to buy into any of the latest 'crazes' with my grandchildren, they are soon over and they then move on to the next thing from 'Frozen' to 'My hideous little pony' .

Instead I try to seek out different and lasting items and they don't have to be expensive. One small object that has lasted was small container with a magnifying lid inside which could be placed all kinds of small objects from insects to leaves. Another was one of those little puzzles which have to be moved slowly in order to get little silver balls into holes in a picture
The latter caused big arguments among the children one Christmas when expensive toys abandoned they all wanted to play with the little puzzle.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Luckily Emma is just three and doesn't have a clue about what's the latest toy to have

Her mummy has got her a wee shopping trolley filled with shopping and I've got her the till and a load of other bits for her 'shop'. She loves playing like that.

Josh, well he's all Xbox and mine craft so he's happy with anything to do with them
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 03:05 PM

Oh gosh, you must all be younger than me then, I was born in 1944, and when I was small I just remember being excited at whatever I got.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes we do.

However Dyson has left the UK.

So no use to us.
Production facilities are in Malaysia, as costs are much lower there.

Their head office, research and development organisations are still based in Malmesbury.

If things can be produced more cheaply abroad, it makes economic sense to do that. We still excel at inventiveness and research and are world leaders in such fields.

Where do his profits go?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Production facilities are in Malaysia, as costs are much lower there.

Their head office, research and development organisations are still based in Malmesbury.

If things can be produced more cheaply abroad, it makes economic sense to do that. We still excel at inventiveness and research and are world leaders in such fields.

Where do his profits go?
Hi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...d-payouts.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 04:55 PM

"The company said its total tax burden – which included corporation tax, social security contributions, custom duties, stamp duty and air passenger duty – was £81.9m, of which 62pc was in the UK. Total tax collected from Holkham – which also included VAT and sales taxes – added another £88.3m on to its bill."

£81.9 million x 62% = £50.8 million.

"However Dyson has left the UK. So no use to us."

So he does appear to be of a little use to us then, doesn't he?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top